> New Sonic X-Treme Video Clips!, L00K! =D
SSUK
post Oct 13 2005, 10:18 AM
Post #41

SSUK-Kol. Your favorite comunist-run city. =D

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member
Member No.: 9,075

Well, for sending a rouge 'member' in from the 'sonic community' to ward off potential group buyers, I think he owes us a small bit for making us on a whole like a bunch of clowns and arseholes. If he didn't try that ratman stunt then maybe the whole community wouldn't be in up-roar about it...

--------------------
IPB Image
I'm a place in North Korea. (Note my country... =P)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Overlord
post Oct 13 2005, 12:22 PM
Post #42

I love 1Mb/s DC++ Hubs, I really do

Group Icon

Group: CulT Family
Member No.: 122

To be honest, I still don't see the whole deal about making rips of prototypes devaluing them. Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but you are still the owner of the one and only original disc, are you not? You can still brag about that, plus if it does ever degrade the literally PRICELESS data isn't lost.

--------------------
Shadowsoft-Games.com

A new style.

From all over the UK and proud of it, bitches. =P

Mystifying MSN Chats!Overlord: Also, I've discovered something unsettling
Overlord: The Now Playing and Fucking Love/Hate sections on people's sigs
Overlord: Are faded/darked versions of colours
Overlord: Grey is dark white, and the other 2 can be lightened to be red and blue, as they are
NiktheGreek: Yup
Overlord: What flag uses the colour and layout of the setup?
Overlord: RUSSIA
Overlord: IT'S AN INVASION D:
NiktheGreek: XDDDDD

+Quote Post
HXC
post Oct 13 2005, 12:37 PM
Post #43

Xtreme Researcher

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,899

Very nice, but I expect that to be Chris Coffin's build of the game, which is personaly not what I would look for. Its the new version of the game, probably as far as it got before cancelation. I would prefer Ofer's build, although that is almost impossible.

--------------------
user posted image
PNSIELOCCK?

+Quote Post
LocalH
post Oct 13 2005, 12:51 PM
Post #44

You're a complete bastard and we all hate you

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE(SSUK @ Oct 13 2005, 11:18 AM) *

Well, for sending a rouge 'member' in from the 'sonic community' to ward off potential group buyers, I think he owes us a small bit for making us on a whole like a bunch of clowns and arseholes. If he didn't try that ratman stunt then maybe the whole community wouldn't be in up-roar about it...

It's not been proven that ratman actually worked for the collector - everything else he said was untrue (example: he said that TheRedEye was involved in the scam, and he said that hl718 bought it, which was denied).

Anyway, I see both points on the "public release = devalue" argument. In this instance, it applies even more so, since blank Mega CD-R media does exist, and it'd be quite trivial to copy the data, use a Sharpie to simulate the markings on the CD hub, and pass it off as an authentic prototype. Where I don't understand ROM hoarding is with prototype cartridges, especially those that are internal prototypes, since they're much harder to fake (look at NES Earthbound, for example - there's no way in hell that was fake, as we all now know).

--------------------
Q: What does a man with a two foot cock have for breakfast?
A: This morning I had a boiled egg.

+Quote Post
YesIAmAnIdiot
post Oct 13 2005, 01:41 PM
Post #45

And you are too.

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,194

QUOTE(GREG2K.COM @ Oct 13 2005, 10:59 AM) *

I think anyone who's legitimately paid good money for a rare collectible should very well have the right to selfishly keep it to himself. Unless the money was obtained via donations from the community, nobody 'owes' the community shit. And this is coming from someone who would love to get his hands on a copy of the game. But it's not like the community 'deserves' a copy.

Did I say we 'deserve' it?!
NO!

I said that keeping it to himself is letting everyone down, plus I said that I know I along with most people would pay good money for a rip.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
SaviourDC aka ASF
post Oct 13 2005, 02:05 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,242

"so small"

EDIT

OMFG OVER 1000 HITS! YOU FUCKING WAREZ FUCKING LEACHERS. (I love this place)

Sonic X-treme is cool but I think leaked Quake 4 is better
http://www.torrentspy.com/directory.asp?mo...3&query=quake+4

--------------------

Download SonicX episodes: http://www.nicknyte.com/Episodes/episode.htm
Download SatAM, Sonic Underground episodes http://www.thesonicworld.net/cartoon_videos1.php

+Quote Post
Yuski
post Oct 13 2005, 07:22 PM
Post #47

>=D

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,247

Wait... the game is only 768KB? I now there isn´t many things and the sprites are in 256 colors, but it is very small! o_o

--------------------
user posted image
Cute, isn´t he? <3 See it full on my gallery on deviant Art.
Also visit:
Rom Hacking World Portal Sonic

+Quote Post
rika_chou
post Oct 13 2005, 07:30 PM
Post #48

^________^

Group Icon

Member No.: 257

QUOTE(Yuski @ Oct 13 2005, 05:22 PM) *

Wait... the game is only 768KB? I now there isn´t many things and the sprites are in 256 colors, but it is very small! o_o

I was thinking the same thing. If it's only that big, then I am kinda glad we didn't buy it. (more than $3/kb just isn't worth it)

+Quote Post
Yuski
post Oct 13 2005, 08:23 PM
Post #49

>=D

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,247

This mean, possible there isn´t many things to discover via hacking - to say... nothing. =p I was expecting on this disc to have the other stages... maybe...

Also, Sonic X-treme was originally a 32X game, maybe this is a direct port from the tests for it?

--------------------
user posted image
Cute, isn´t he? <3 See it full on my gallery on deviant Art.
Also visit:
Rom Hacking World Portal Sonic

+Quote Post
TheRedEye
post Oct 13 2005, 09:05 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,399

QUOTE(Overlord @ Oct 13 2005, 10:22 AM) *

To be honest, I still don't see the whole deal about making rips of prototypes devaluing them. Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but you are still the owner of the one and only original disc, are you not? You can still brag about that, plus if it does ever degrade the literally PRICELESS data isn't lost.

The financial value of an item is determined by what people are willing to pay for it. If data is dumped from an unreleased videogame, nobody is willing to pay premium for it anymore. It's a very simple equation, what part don't you understand?

+Quote Post
Eric Wright
post Oct 13 2005, 09:13 PM
Post #51

Here we goooo!!!

Group Icon

Member No.: 760

QUOTE(TheRedEye @ Oct 13 2005, 06:05 PM) *

The financial value of an item is determined by what people are willing to pay for it. If data is dumped from an unreleased videogame, nobody is willing to pay premium for it anymore. It's a very simple equation, what part don't you understand?

Had I the money and had I known about this, I would have bought it and dumped it in a heartbeat. It's the same reason I like physically owning the games I have... take some of my Saturn collection, for example... I have a fair amount of rare games that I have actually gone out and purchased for a decent sum of money; games which I could have easilly downloaded and not spent a penny on. I get satisfaction out of knowing I own a REAL copy of something.

To rip it and distribute it would be a fanservice, it would be one of the biggest thing I could offer to an entire community of people who share similar interests with me. I'd still have that Sega branded CDR with the data burned directly from a development computer, but everyone else would get a chance to share the experience.

I dunno, I'm rambling now... long story short, if this person who bought it DOESN'T rip it and share it, then he doesn't really appreciate what he just forked over a fortune for. He's not as much of a Sonic fan as he is merely a collector.

--------------------
IPB Image
F-Zero Arranged OST
You want it? Here's a torrent: CLICK HERE
Encoded using LAME 3.96.1, -q1 --preset extreme
I will be seeding for as long as I have this posted in my signature.

+Quote Post
TheRedEye
post Oct 13 2005, 09:28 PM
Post #52

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,399

QUOTE(Eric Wright @ Oct 13 2005, 07:13 PM) *

He's not as much of a Sonic fan as he is merely a collector.

Oh my, how dreadful!

+Quote Post
Master Tails
post Oct 13 2005, 10:13 PM
Post #53

Lemmy Koopa

Group Icon

Group: Unwanted
Member No.: 9,597

QUOTE(Eric Wright @ Oct 13 2005, 10:13 PM) *

QUOTE(TheRedEye @ Oct 13 2005, 06:05 PM) *

Had I the money and had I known about this, I would have bought it and dumped it in a heartbeat. It's the same reason I like physically owning the games I have... take some of my Saturn collection, for example... I have a fair amount of rare games that I have actually gone out and purchased for a decent sum of money; games which I could have easilly downloaded and not spent a penny on. I get satisfaction out of knowing I own a REAL copy of something.

To rip it and distribute it would be a fanservice, it would be one of the biggest thing I could offer to an entire community of people who share similar interests with me. I'd still have that Sega branded CDR with the data burned directly from a development computer, but everyone else would get a chance to share the experience.

I dunno, I'm rambling now... long story short, if this person who bought it DOESN'T rip it and share it, then he doesn't really appreciate what he just forked over a fortune for. He's not as much of a Sonic fan as he is merely a collector.

I remember you dumped the Sonic 3D Blast pirate version.

The owner should dump it for us. It would be a major step up having this (I assume anyways).

+Quote Post
Eric Wright
post Oct 13 2005, 10:43 PM
Post #54

Here we goooo!!!

Group Icon

Member No.: 760

QUOTE(TheRedEye @ Oct 13 2005, 06:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric Wright @ Oct 13 2005, 07:13 PM) *

He's not as much of a Sonic fan as he is merely a collector.

Oh my, how dreadful!

Not saying its necessarilly good or bad, just making an observation/statement, relax.

I'm not jumping down his throat and getting all pissed off that he isn't dumping it. I mean, I'd love to see the demo and get a chance to play it myself; and it could also potentially provide a platform for other homebrew programmers to build from, but basically this is why I don't expect to see it any time soon... at least not until someone can convince him to dump it.

He bought it, it's his decision as to what he does with it.

QUOTE(Master Tails)

I remember you dumped the Sonic 3D Blast pirate version.

The owner should dump it for us. It would be a major step up having this (I assume anyways).

1) dumping that was the most I could do... it wasn't much, but I offered what I had
2) he "shouldn't" do ANYthing, regardless of how much we would [/i]like[/i] him to. It's his choice.

--------------------
IPB Image
F-Zero Arranged OST
You want it? Here's a torrent: CLICK HERE
Encoded using LAME 3.96.1, -q1 --preset extreme
I will be seeding for as long as I have this posted in my signature.

+Quote Post
Master Tails
post Oct 13 2005, 10:50 PM
Post #55

Lemmy Koopa

Group Icon

Group: Unwanted
Member No.: 9,597

QUOTE(Eric Wright @ Oct 13 2005, 11:43 PM) *

he "shouldn't" do ANYthing, regardless of how much we would [/i]like[/i] him to. It's his choice.

Yes, of course. It would be nice if he did dump it, but it's his choice.

+Quote Post
CrimsonNugget
post Oct 13 2005, 11:27 PM
Post #56

Oho!

Group Icon

Group: CulT Honor
Member No.: 203

QUOTE(YesIAmAnIdiot @ Oct 12 2005, 09:37 PM) *

QUOTE(TheZeck @ Oct 11 2005, 09:34 PM) *

O_o Kickass. Bin/Cue plz..

Yes. TheRedEye, if I can't get whoever-bought-this' email addy, give this to him and let him know I sent it:

QUOTE(me)
On behalf of the Sonic community:

I know you bought it and want to keep it to themselves, but the release of the Sonic Xtreme prototype in digital form is something that will benifit the whole Sonic community.
We would pay a lot of money to have this small piece of Sonic History. I know I would. By keeping it private, you strike a huge blow to the dedicated Sonic community. Please keep this in mind as you selfishly keep it dear to yourself, knowing that you are letting many people down. Please reconsider your attempts to never let the world see this, and we will be most grateful.

Regards,
YesIAmAnIdiot

Never ever ever EVER write a letter of request ever again on "our" behalf, or anyone's behalf for that matter.

--------------------
Blargh.

+Quote Post
Tweaker
post Oct 13 2005, 11:46 PM
Post #57

Untouchable.

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,059

QUOTE(Master Tails @ Oct 13 2005, 11:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric Wright @ Oct 13 2005, 11:43 PM) *

he "shouldn't" do ANYthing, regardless of how much we would [/i]like[/i] him to. It's his choice.

Yes, of course. It would be nice if he did dump it, but it's his choice.

Stop it with the fucking redundant posts. Mod queue isn't helping you any, and my patience is wearing thin. IF SOMETHING WAS SAID, DON'T REPEAT FOR A POSTCOUNT +1 UNLESS YOU DON'T SUCK.

BTW, nice pics. They look a bit bland though.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dude
post Oct 14 2005, 07:18 AM
Post #58

TEN THOUSAND FISTS IN THE AIIIIIR

Group Icon

Member No.: 100

Stop repeating posts! I really really mean it, you're making me MAD!
*runs from tweaker*

--------------------
IPB Image

"Ricans do what Mexican't" - Dude

+Quote Post
Borisz
post Oct 14 2005, 08:29 AM
Post #59

I AM THE MASKED MENACE

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 119

Personally I think that anyone to hoard such a rare piece of software without willing to sell it is the same as saying HAHAHA I HAVE THIS YOU DONT LOLZ which is something you usually see in fucking kindergarden. It's sad, really, because there are many Saturn betas out there but people are so fucking obsessed with the "collecters values" that they keep on hoarding it.

And I'm PRETTY DAMN SURE there would be people out there to buy the only existing disc of the rarest fucking Sonic game even if its dumped. (And why would you want to sell it if you are a collector anyway)

I really doubt it would be any kind of a problem to dump and upload it even on a 56k, unless it has 427342934 minutes of CD Audio. Which I doubt.

Anyway, can you ask the guy to do screenshots on the saturn emu named SSF? I'd like to see one or two shots in its native resolution.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tweaker
post Oct 14 2005, 08:55 AM
Post #60

Untouchable.

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,059

QUOTE(Dude @ Oct 14 2005, 08:18 AM) *

Stop repeating posts! I really really mean it, you're making me MAD!
*runs from tweaker*

FAALCON PUNCH!

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Start new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 01:05 AM