> Gay adoption
Stoko
post Apr 22 2005, 06:18 PM
Post #21

^WE LOST A GREAT MAN

Group Icon

Group: CulT Posse
Member No.: 102

Uhm... how is this bad? Haven't gay/lesbian people been raising kids anyway? You know, like, artificial insemination/surrogate mothers/etc? And isn't adoption better than that? Being that the kid is being taken out of "the system", and population growth is kept down?

Also, Dogstar, "the Gays"? You know, the Straights aren't all shining beacons of glory. Does "the Straights" sound weird? Only as ridiculous as "the Gays", IMO.

As for the kid being bullied, who says they won't be fat? Or suck at sports? Or have their pants rip open? Or any other stupid thing kids are made fun of for anyway? And who the hell, straight or gay, goes "nah, not gonna have a kid, they'd be bullied too much, they're better off nonexistant really"?

--------------------

CODE
[23:52:06] <Overlord> MOVE OUT OF THE FUCKING PARKING SPACE
[23:52:11] <Overlord> I HAVE A MONSTER DELOREAN
[23:52:13] <Overlord> GRRRRRRRR
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gs68
post Apr 22 2005, 06:31 PM
Post #22

BABY YOU'RE SOLID GOLD!

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member
Member No.: 179

QUOTE(YesIAmAnIdiot @ Apr 22 2005, 02:46 PM)
I hate homophobics, god damn it. They already pissed me off "OMG U R GAY LOLZ", but 2 years ago, one of my best friends, a lesbian, was killed by this fucking anti-gay hate group. That's reason enough for me to hate homophobics. And what NGC said - If I was gay, I'd want a family. They aren't second class citizens, they're PEOPLE LIKE US STRAIGHTS.

I have to agree. At the risk of getting mauled by a large fraction of the CulTers here, I don't like seeing the words "gay," "fag," etc. being used insults--it's very wrong and sounds immature.

Also, I happen to have a few friends who are gays, and I have no problem with their sexual preferences. It's not like they flaunt it everywhere they go.

And this is coming from someone who is a heterosexual and a fairly religious Catholic. Yes, I know, homosexuality is bad among Catholics, but so is hateful intolerance.

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dogstar
post Apr 22 2005, 07:07 PM
Post #23

6 emeralds

Group Icon

Group: Unwanted
Member No.: 849

QUOTE(Stoko @ Apr 22 2005, 03:18 PM)
Uhm... how is this bad? Haven't gay/lesbian people been raising kids anyway? You know, like, artificial insemination/surrogate mothers/etc? And isn't adoption better than that? Being that the kid is being taken out of "the system", and population growth is kept down?

You have to remember, gays cant have kids for one obvious reason.

No one is denying them the right to have kids, their denying the right themselves, two same sex organs just cant produce a child. As for artificial insemination, surrogate mothers, etc, these methods s are for people who had the power to bear children, its not that they didnt want to have hetero-sexual sex to get a kid, its just that they cant. Adoption is fine, I agree with you that its better than creating another life.
Some gay people may have done it, but probably through some hole in the system, hell, I really dont know too much about that.

As for the kid being bullied, who says they won't be fat? Or suck at sports? Or have their pants rip open? Or any other stupid thing kids are made fun of for anyway? And who the hell, straight or gay, goes "nah, not gonna have a kid, they'd be bullied too much, they're better off nonexistant really"?

Problem is, kids who are sort of fat, stupid and unathletic, well, thats somewhat their fault. Hell, I was unathletic as a lad, and I think its somewhat my fault, I sucked at participation, even though my parents forced and pushed me.
But a kid may have popular qualities and may be bullied the hell out of by his/her peers "not friends" for having gay parents. Its out of their control, they did nothing to deserve it, and its something they cant change.

Also, Dogstar, "the Gays"? You know, the Straights aren't all shining beacons of glory.  Does "the Straights" sound weird? Only as ridiculous as "the Gays", IMO.

Sorry, I meant "The gays" as in "The gays" you know, the majority being straight and me referring to gay people who want to adopt.
"heh, Im just fuckin around, I know, I throw words into a blur when typing fast."

+Quote Post
sebmal
post Apr 22 2005, 09:51 PM
Post #24

So One Time I Was On The Internet (placeholder)

Group Icon

Member No.: 174

Awww, awe we hurding your widdle feewings everybody? Awe we wowerwing your self-esteem? Does seeing gay used as an insult offend you? Oh, deary me! We can't have that!

Jesus Christ, fucking hippies. Also, this is kinda off topic, but not really, you notice how for the longest time, gays and lesbians were considered outcasts and everyone tried to hide it and nobody wanted to talk about it? And people had the balls to point out mistakes without worrying if it'll lower their "self esteem"? And kids were riddiculed back then. It was part of growing up. Everything was fine then. Now everyone's all like IT'S OK TO BE GAY!!! and THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN LIFE IS TO NOT OFFEND ANYONE!, WE SHOULD HAVE EVERYONE ELSE LOOK AFTER OUR KIDS! NOTHING'S EVER THE PARENTS FAULT! and all this other hippie bullshit like self-esteem, and look. The country's going down the shitter. I dunno about you guys, but I noticed it.

--------------------

Last Updated: (October 29, 2005 9:11 PM)
Last Update: Vroom

+Quote Post
CrimsonNugget
post Apr 22 2005, 10:47 PM
Post #25

Oho!

Group Icon

Group: CulT Honor
Member No.: 203

QUOTE(Hez @ Apr 22 2005, 12:48 PM)
hey, if the childs cool with it, so am I. (babys have opinions too)

Amen.

--------------------
Blargh.

+Quote Post
The artist formerly ...
post Apr 22 2005, 11:10 PM
Post #26

We are not amused.

Group Icon

Member No.: 3,251

QUOTE(Tehmonkeyman @ Apr 22 2005, 10:51 PM)
hippies hippies hippies hippies hippies

Get out of the 60s.

I for one have no problem with gays or gay adoption. I think it would at least be ackward as hell for the child when it is grown up, but the rate of spousal abuse and child abuse in homosexual relationships compared to heterosexual relationships is much less, among other factors.

--------------------
no

+Quote Post
sebmal
post Apr 22 2005, 11:34 PM
Post #27

So One Time I Was On The Internet (placeholder)

Group Icon

Member No.: 174

Well, it's fucking true. Everyone's a goddamn hippie nowadays. If you'd like me to use the term pussy instead, I will. But that may be offensive to vaginas.

This post has been edited by Tehmonkeyman: Apr 23 2005, 12:01 AM

--------------------

Last Updated: (October 29, 2005 9:11 PM)
Last Update: Vroom

+Quote Post
rika_chou
post Apr 22 2005, 11:51 PM
Post #28

^________^

Group Icon

Group: CulT Family
Member No.: 257

How else do you expect a gay couple to have a child?

There is way to many kids that need to be adopted, but aren't due to lack of parents.

+Quote Post
Dogstar
post Apr 23 2005, 12:04 AM
Post #29

6 emeralds

Group Icon

Group: Unwanted
Member No.: 849

QUOTE(rika_chou @ Apr 22 2005, 08:51 PM)

Im sorry, but I dont..

There is way to many kids that need to be adopted, but aren't due to lack of parents.

thats true, its due to poor people and those from third world countries.
They tell themselves " Well, I cant afford one kid, so, lets have 50"
=P

+Quote Post
Sintendo
post Apr 23 2005, 02:33 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

Member No.: 2,047

I can't see what's wrong with gay adoption and stuff like that. It was allowed here in Belgium and in the Netherlands some time ago too. I hope other countries will follow soon.

+Quote Post
rika_chou
post Apr 23 2005, 02:51 AM
Post #31

^________^

Group Icon

Group: CulT Family
Member No.: 257

QUOTE(Dogstar @ Apr 22 2005, 09:04 PM)
QUOTE(rika_chou @ Apr 22 2005, 08:51 PM)

Im sorry, but I dont..

You do understand that people do not choose to be gay, right?

How would you feel if you were gay? You would want children, and civil rights for that matter.

+Quote Post
DPL
post Apr 23 2005, 04:15 AM
Post #32

Whatever...

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,301

Don't worry Poland also lets homosexualists marry and have 'kids'

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Szmidt
post Apr 23 2005, 07:06 AM
Post #33

1 super emerald

Group Icon

Member No.: 803

Tehmonkeyman speaks the crystal clear, fucking gospel truth. The whole "We musn't offend anyone because of a tiny pointless issue" attitude.
For example, a butchers (which was there for hundreds of years) which was opposite a brand new mosque; was closed because the meat was "intimidating" towards the muslims.

Kill the person who came up with political correctness.

--------------------