> Funerals.
NGC
post Mar 20 2005, 09:38 PM
Post #1

I'M TAKING YOUR MIND

Group Icon

Group: Broadcaster
Member No.: 2,788

One of my co-workers from my old grocery store job died a while back from a car wreck, and I was invited to the funeral. I normally don't give a shit, but most of my good friends from there were going, and I didn't want to look like an ass in front of them. So I went, I stood there, and I pretended to act sorry, and I came away with a question:

WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT OF THIS SHIT?

Okay, let's get something straight: this dude was NOT a friend of mine. I liked almost everyone at that job a lot, but not this guy. He was fat, lazy, selfish, controlling, ugly, and not very bright to boot. he came to work with a bad attitude, and left with a bad attitude, and the few times I ran into him off the clock, he STILL had a bad fucking attitude.

So I go there, in 20 degree weather, and stand there while my snot freezes into icicles in the cold stiff wind, while this clergy motherfucker goes ON AND ON AND FUCKING ON about how "PAT WAS FULL OF JOY AND ENERGY, AND HE ALWAYS CARED FOR HIS FELLOW MAN AND ACTED LIKE A TRUE MAN OF GOD ALL HIS LIFE AND BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH", and I'm starting to wonder "AM I AT THE RIGHT FUCKING FUNERAL?".

It's bad enough that in this day and age we're wasting good land by putting corpses in fancy boxes and burying them so they can become maggot chow, while standing there in 3-piece suits (which I never, EVER wear, making the whole experience worse) getting our asses frozen off for three hours, BUT THEN, WE HAVE TO FUCKING LIE ABOUT THE PERSON WE'RE BURYING. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?

Saying that this guy was a joyful man of god is like saying that Hilary Clinton is a beaming contributor to mankind and an inspiration to us all. I thought the whole point of a funeral was to REMEMBER WHO THE FUCK YOU'RE BURYING, NOT SOME MAN OF GOD BULLSHIT LIE. This guy was a piece of trash. His funeral should have taken 3 minutes, not 3 hours, and everyone should have lined up to spit in his grave before they threw the dirt on it, and they're talking about him like he was jesus' loyal sidekick.

I don't know about you, but when I die, I want the fucking truth. I want my tombstone to say "HERE LIES JACK DANIEL PIERCE, AN ELITIST, NEO-NAZI CHILD RAPING ASSHOLE WHO SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN FREE IN THE STREETS, BUT HE'S DEAD NOW. OH WELL. 1983-WHENEVER I DIED". It might not be pretty, but it's THE TRUTH, not some horseshit we're doing to be sophisticated and delicate and tip-toe around the issues.

This kind of thing is what's wrong with society, period. Turn on CNN. What do you see? IN THE NEWS TODAY, A SIGN OR STATUE WAS TAKEN DOWN SOMEWHERE, OR SOMEONE GOT ARRESTED FOR SAYING SOMETHING THAT MIGHT OFFEND SOME GROUP OF PEOPLE. When did it become so fucking TERRIBLE to actually tell the truth, even if it offends someone? It would save everyone a shitload of time, energy, and annoyance.

If some dude is pissing you off at work, don't hint at the issue, go up to him and tell him to shape the fuck up. If someone dies that you hate, you're asked to go to the funeral, and they want you to say a few words, say what you feel like. If you ever get on the news and someone asks for your opinion, say exactly that.

We all need to stop being so fucking nice about everything and trying to please everyone, because it just adds to the huge pile of bullshit the world has already racked up.

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dimitria
post Mar 20 2005, 09:51 PM
Post #2

Y HELO THAR!

Group Icon

Group: CulT Family
Member No.: 2,379

NGC wins. Most of that is the same as what I've thought since I went to my first funeral.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
AP the AMAZING Explo...
post Mar 20 2005, 09:53 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Unwanted
Member No.: 9,256

Have respect for the dead, douchebag.

--------------------
Exploding-Man is pro Super Shadow * Chainguns Akimbo.
Exploding-Man is pro Borisz as an adimin.
Exploding-Man is anti-angsty bitch with negative outlook on everything.

+Quote Post
NGC
post Mar 20 2005, 09:55 PM
Post #4

I'M TAKING YOUR MIND

Group Icon

What? Are you insane, dickweed? I never had any respect for him when he was alive, because he didn't fucking deserve it. Why the hell should I have respect for him now that he's dead?

Go get banned plz.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
AP the AMAZING Explo...
post Mar 20 2005, 10:30 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE(NGC @ Mar 20 2005, 07:55 PM)
What? Are you insane, dickweed? I never had any respect for him when he was alive, because he didn't fucking deserve it. Why the hell should I have respect for him now that he's dead?

Go get banned plz.

Yeah, because it would kill you to show some decency/dignity. But then nobody ever accused you of being a good human being, dickweed.

And yes, for the record I will probobly respect you more than I do (very little at all) when you die.

This post has been edited by Aescualpius Piranha: Mar 20 2005, 10:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fireice
post Mar 20 2005, 10:31 PM
Post #6

Cancelled

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member
Member No.: 124

oh man.....i've heard some stupid shit...but this is some of the stupidest.

you're right. in front of his family and friends, who are sadden by his death, they should go "and this guy was a fucking asshole. and a douchebag. THANK GOD HE'S DEAD". I'm sure THAT would go over well. you didn't have to go. if you didnt like the guy, then you did not have to attend. but supposibly...all you knew about the guy is how he acted at work. Most people aren't in a mood of overjoyousness at work. maybe he was different outside of work. whose to say?

but still...they are not going to dis the guy at his own funeral, a time to pay respects to the man who's dead.

and just because you don't have respect for him...doesnt mean everyone didn't. since when was your opinion fact? I have about as much respect for you as an ant I crushed yesterday. Doesnt mean everyone doesnt have respect for you.

This post has been edited by Fireice: Mar 20 2005, 10:32 PM

--------------------
I don't need no fucking sig. Wait...

+Quote Post
Stoko
post Mar 20 2005, 10:49 PM
Post #7

^WE LOST A GREAT MAN

Group Icon

Group: CulT Posse
Member No.: 102

Seriously though, why should the dead be respected? Yes, you should respect that talking about them may be uncomfortable and insensitive of you to do in front of grieving family, but why should the actual dead person themselves be respected? Because they achieved death? Bollocks.

Yeah, respect old people. They've seen shit we'll never see. Doesn't mean they can't be assholes. But whatever, they probably have good reason to be, what with having seen how little we've improved and all that being old and decrepidness.

But dead people? Why? They're not even around to apprieciate respect, never mind to do shit to deserve it. If you don't deserve respect while you're alive, why do you deserve it for croaking?

--------------------

CODE
[23:52:06] <Overlord> MOVE OUT OF THE FUCKING PARKING SPACE
[23:52:11] <Overlord> I HAVE A MONSTER DELOREAN
[23:52:13] <Overlord> GRRRRRRRR

+Quote Post
AP the AMAZING Explo...
post Mar 20 2005, 11:25 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

I always figured you for smarter than that. Figure it out for yourself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NGC
post Mar 21 2005, 12:00 AM
Post #9

I'M TAKING YOUR MIND

Group Icon

QUOTE(Aescualpius Piranha @ Mar 20 2005, 11:25 PM)

real nice rebuttal there, assclown. at least fireice had a decent point about his family and shit. all you can come up with is a thinly veiled attempt at a point, with no real backing. fireice had a good point, which was that what I suggested might piss his family off. I was wrong there, and I should have used my head before saying it. oh well, too late. Still, all you and your retarded-ass new name have to say is "figure it out for yourself".

figure what out? that I should respect the rotting corpse of someone who spent their short annoyance of a life being a douchebag to me and everyone I worked with there, just because it seems like the proper thing to do?

look jewass, things die, people die, everything fucking dies. A good example of this would be most of your brain cells. Why should I respect something when it's dead, when I didn't give two hairy, chocolate-covered shits about it when it was alive?

easy: I shouldn't. now have a bleach-and-turpentine on the rocks and get the fuck away.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nobodyspatzy
post Mar 21 2005, 12:44 AM
Post #10

Alex Kidd is coming back from the SMS...

Group Icon

From: In the middle of the desolate, barren, California desert.
Member No.: 3,248

You know...why can't funerals be fun, like in Mexico? Party for the Dead!

Seriously, Death should be a good thing for most people, especially religious peoples...I hope people will be happy when I die....wait, they already said they will be, Damn!

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Frenchie McFrench
post Mar 21 2005, 03:07 AM
Post #11

4 Emeralds

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,062

I was going to write a long thing about the opossite of what you said...but im not in the mood to be bashed on right now so i say "meh" to this issue.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
GREG2K
post Mar 21 2005, 03:44 AM
Post #12

·

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 474

NGC is right. But those close to the lost one need condolences, not the truth. When a terrorist dies, his mother will still like to hear some nice words about him, even though he was a real bastard and everyone else is celebrating his death.

+Quote Post
PsyTi
post Mar 21 2005, 04:27 AM
Post #13

The PSP game will rock.

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,685

I assume NGC had a rough childhood.

The dead don't deserve respect just because they're dead, true enough, but first post made here made me laugh my ass off.

Basically, I second what Fireice said.

This post has been edited by PsyTi: Mar 21 2005, 04:31 AM

--------------------
user posted image
QUOTE(h@Ck3R @ Mar 30 2005, 05:05 PM)
QUOTE(Sazpaimon @ Mar 29 2005, 07:28 PM)
IF YOU READ THE FUCKING RULES YOU"D KNOW WHY IT WONT LET YOU SIGN UP YOU FUCKING DUMBASS

FUCK you bitch, i did read the fucking rules, fuckin hoe. Go suck your dad's dick faggot ass bitch. I said that it said it might block it, not it wont work ass. Go to hell cunt,

+Quote Post
GREG2K
post Mar 21 2005, 04:58 AM
Post #14

·

Group Icon

NGC has a point though. It's funny how we all seem to be particularily hypocritical whenever someone dies, just in order to convey some respect to the dead. But quite frankly, unless you're directly related to the dead one, you just don't give a shit.

I would guess more than 50% of those invited to a funeral don't give a rat's ass about the person who died; they're invited because the invitees want as many people as possible, so their dead one seems more important. I know if my best friend dies, I'll go to his funeral. And if a direct relative dies, I'll go to his/her funeral. But if it's someone I find an arrogant asshole, or I just plain don't know well, I'll pass.

+Quote Post
AP the AMAZING Explo...
post Mar 21 2005, 05:02 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE(NGC @ Mar 20 2005, 10:00 PM)
QUOTE(Aescualpius Piranha @ Mar 20 2005, 11:25 PM)

real nice rebuttal there, assclown. at least fireice had a decent point about his family and shit. all you can come up with is a thinly veiled attempt at a point, with no real backing. fireice had a good point, which was that what I suggested might piss his family off. I was wrong there, and I should have used my head before saying it. oh well, too late. Still, all you and your retarded-ass new name have to say is "figure it out for yourself".

figure what out? that I should respect the rotting corpse of someone who spent their short annoyance of a life being a douchebag to me and everyone I worked with there, just because it seems like the proper thing to do?

look jewass, things die, people die, everything fucking dies. A good example of this would be most of your brain cells. Why should I respect something when it's dead, when I didn't give two hairy, chocolate-covered shits about it when it was alive?

easy: I shouldn't. now have a bleach-and-turpentine on the rocks and get the fuck away.

But see, its not a rebuttal. If you dont already know it, you fucking should. You have to figure it out for yourself. I am not trying to make a point aside from that. Yes I look at you as inferior for not knowing. But I am not going to fucking explain it to you, and I shure as hell don't have anything to prove to you fuckers.

So figure it out for yourself. Dickless.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sebmal
post Mar 21 2005, 10:18 AM
Post #16

So One Time I Was On The Internet (placeholder)

Group Icon

Member No.: 174

I agree with a combination of what stoko, greg, and NGC said. If it was someone close to me, I'd care, but I don't otherwise. It's stupid to respect someone just because they're dead, ESPICALLY if you didn't respect them when they're alive, but you shouldn't disrespct them in front of their family.

Oh, and exploding man, if it's possible, stop being a retard and try to say more than "HAVE RESPECT FOR THE DEAD FOR THE REASON YOU SHOULD KNOW AND I'M NOT TELLING YOU BECAUSE I'M A MORON".

--------------------

Last Updated: (October 29, 2005 9:11 PM)
Last Update: Vroom

+Quote Post
Djbrayster
post Mar 21 2005, 10:54 AM
Post #17

Dynamite Hero of the Day!

Group Icon

Member No.: 75

Tried to post this before the forum re upload but didn't manage it..

Personally.. I actually agree with NGC.. Though I think being tactful is better in delicate situations. Why should you respect someone who was an ass when alive, and go all "he was awesome! I loved him! every moment I was working with him was an honour and a privelige!" just cos they are dead?
I agree on the family thing people should be allowed to mourn their loved ones. but come on! what NGC described was insane. yet it happens.

And I do respect the dead. I just do not change views that radically.
I will feel sad someone dies. it is natural to feel some mourning on news of death.

and fuuuck! I forgot NGC is slightly older than me... Roll on April 14th!! 22 and feeling old already!

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted imageHentai!user posted image

+Quote Post
TopHat
post Mar 21 2005, 11:03 AM
Post #18

> ifconfig eth0 up

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,581

Simply don't turn up.

If someone wasn't worth your time while they were alive, there's no reason why you should give them any more of your time when they are dead.

Your lack of presence should say enough without being overtly disrespectful to the family. By turning up you're basically lying anyway.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
AP the AMAZING Explo...
post Mar 21 2005, 02:12 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE(Tehmonkeyman @ Mar 21 2005, 08:18 AM)
I agree with a combination of what stoko, greg, and NGC said. If it was someone close to me, I'd care, but I don't otherwise. It's stupid to respect someone just because they're dead, ESPICALLY if you didn't respect them when they're alive, but you shouldn't disrespct them in front of their family.

Oh, and exploding man, if it's possible, stop being a retard and try to say more than "HAVE RESPECT FOR THE DEAD FOR THE REASON YOU SHOULD KNOW AND I'M NOT TELLING YOU BECAUSE I'M A MORON".

Interpret it how you wish. I don't give a damn.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GREG2K
post Mar 21 2005, 02:14 PM
Post #20

·

Group Icon

QUOTE(Aescualpius Piranha @ Mar 21 2005, 05:53 AM)
Have respect for the dead, douchebag.

QUOTE(Sig)

Ironic

+Quote Post

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Start new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2017 - 02:10 AM