Stinky McButtface
post Nov 11 2005, 09:39 PM
Post #41

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member
Member No.: 9,825

QUOTE(SSUK @ Nov 11 2005, 05:48 PM) *

QUOTE(blamemyparents @ Nov 11 2005, 12:48 PM) *

*just listened to the recordings off of the American site* why is Back 2 Back so much lower quality? I am saddened. Someone find it in high sexy quality and I will love you for ever.

Because SEGA of Europe don't know how to encode music for shit...

That's about as wrong as you get. The simple explanation is that the tracks on the US Rush site are actual in game tracks, where as the tracks from the European Rush site (sonic-rush.net) are actually from the enhanced version of the official soundtrack. You can download the exact samples on the European site from the Japanese Sega Direct site for the OST and they're all in the "Digital Remakin'" section of it as opposed to the "Original Nintendo DS" section.

Anyway I'm really confused about the fact "Desert" on the US site is the altitude limit music from the Blaze video. Sonic's Mirage Road uses Ethno Circus going by the IGN vids, which makes me wonder how that track could be used for the Desert zone at all, unless the game mix and matches music tracks across zone acts and none of the music in the game was actually composed with a level in mind (for example, it's possible act 1 of Mirage Road has Ethno Circus where as act 2 has the US site Desert music, as well as that music being in Blaze's altitude limit). I'm hoping it's more simple than that though and the people who made the site never knew where the tracks came from and just named them making assumptions from the official trailer which all 4 of them are played it.

Also, I know I'm over analyzing the soundtrack, but it's my way of keeping myself sane while waiting for the game to come out.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ashura2k
post Nov 11 2005, 10:59 PM
Post #42

Conspiracy-A-Go-Go

Group Icon

Member No.: 414

Holy fuck, Hideki Naganuma is my idol.

This soundtrack is going to be amazing, I'm really loving Desert and Boss though...

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
DraKmoN001
post Nov 11 2005, 11:08 PM
Post #43

amateur on the loose!

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,611

good music :)

+Quote Post
blamemyparents
post Nov 12 2005, 01:56 AM
Post #44

Supa Plincess Peach!

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member DX
Member No.: 118

QUOTE(Stinky McButtface @ Nov 11 2005, 09:39 PM) *

That's about as wrong as you get. The simple explanation is that the tracks on the US Rush site are actual in game tracks, where as the tracks from the European Rush site (sonic-rush.net) are actually from the enhanced version of the official soundtrack. You can download the exact samples on the European site from the Japanese Sega Direct site for the OST and they're all in the "Digital Remakin'" section of it as opposed to the "Original Nintendo DS" section.

wait wait wait hold the fuck on. OST was announced? must have.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
MAgicalDoremi
post Nov 12 2005, 03:59 AM
Post #45

Ara? Culty Bunch?

Group Icon

Member No.: 30

QUOTE(blamemyparents @ Nov 11 2005, 10:56 PM) *

Japan Only. Sorry =(.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
SSUK
post Nov 12 2005, 07:22 AM
Post #46

SSUK-Kol. Your favorite comunist-run city. =D

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,075

QUOTE(Stinky McButtface @ Nov 11 2005, 06:39 PM) *

QUOTE(SSUK @ Nov 11 2005, 05:48 PM) *

QUOTE(blamemyparents @ Nov 11 2005, 12:48 PM) *

*just listened to the recordings off of the American site* why is Back 2 Back so much lower quality? I am saddened. Someone find it in high sexy quality and I will love you for ever.

Because SEGA of Europe don't know how to encode music for shit...

Then they don't know how to record for shit then. Even if it's FROM the DS the music should be higher quality than this. The music one way or another has been down-sampled, mostly I think so it's a smaller file on the Rush site, because it is a long MP3 file for each leaving it at a high quality setting would make it a huge file to download and stream over the site.
Just to prove my point... SEGA's offical site has the samples which SEGA Europe's site has... And lo and behold under "Original nintendo DS TRAX" it has the Ethno Circus track and what do you know? It's quality isn't as downgraded as the USA Site's tracks. So yeah, so get the fuck off my back.

EDIT: Is it me or does BACK 2 BACK sound like "The Troggs - Wild Thing"? I think it does a lot... =P

--------------------
IPB Image
I'm a place in North Korea. (Note my country... =P)

+Quote Post
Overlord
post Nov 12 2005, 06:22 PM
Post #47

I love 1Mb/s DC++ Hubs, I really do

Group Icon

Group: CulT Family
Member No.: 122

QUOTE(MAgicalDoremi @ Nov 12 2005, 08:59 AM) *

Japan Only. Sorry =(.

And how does that make a difference to us loyal pirates? =)

--------------------
Shadowsoft-Games.com

A new style.

From all over the UK and proud of it, bitches. =P

Mystifying MSN Chats!Overlord: Also, I've discovered something unsettling
Overlord: The Now Playing and Fucking Love/Hate sections on people's sigs
Overlord: Are faded/darked versions of colours
Overlord: Grey is dark white, and the other 2 can be lightened to be red and blue, as they are
NiktheGreek: Yup
Overlord: What flag uses the colour and layout of the setup?
Overlord: RUSSIA
Overlord: IT'S AN INVASION D:
NiktheGreek: XDDDDD

+Quote Post
blamemyparents
post Nov 12 2005, 06:32 PM
Post #48

Supa Plincess Peach!

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member DX
Member No.: 118

QUOTE(Overlord @ Nov 12 2005, 06:22 PM) *

QUOTE(MAgicalDoremi @ Nov 12 2005, 08:59 AM) *

Japan Only. Sorry =(.

And how does that make a difference to us loyal pirates? =)

Indeed. the question is not where but when.

On that note, the second someone sees this thing, LET ME KNOW FAST AS FUCK I MUST HAVE IT not kidding IM me on the blamemyparentsed fo shizzle

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Start new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2017 - 07:29 PM