> Anyone here make films?
The Little Red Man
post Oct 29 2005, 07:50 AM
Post #1

Still playing tug-o-war with myself.

Group Icon

Group: Broadcaster
Member No.: 150

If so, what kind of films? What camera do you use?

Right now I'm using an old JVC DV camera, but I've got my eye on a big bastard that (fingers crossed) I should be able to splash out on if and when I get a student loan come University. Wish me luck.

At the minute I'm into the idea of editing weird shorts out of old footage, but I have some original ideas planned.

Also, I edit on Sony Vegas.

--------------------
Sorry about this post.

We don't want your soul, just your eyes and ears - www.littleredman.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Veotax
post Oct 29 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #2

<insert some witty phrase here>

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member
Member No.: 42

Me and a few friends have been making films using Action Man toys (a technique we call 'Xtrememaronation'; jokingly mocking Gerry Anderson) for over five years now.

We've used about three or four different cameras, the last one being a digital one that has allowed us to transfer all the old stuff to PC to actually edit the films. Before we just filmed the scenes in order and when ever we screwed up we just wound the tape back and recorded over the mistakes (doing that (and using two different cameras when we were shooting that day) caused us to loose one or two entire scenes in one of our films.

We just spent the last year editing all the old films and re-shooting scenes that were frankly shit. It only took that since we're now out of school and it's hard to set time aside for editing. Next time we can set aside time; we're starting work on the DVD.

We edit using a program called Pinnacle. That's only the name of the company, but I can't remember the name of the actual program.

You know you’ve had an odd day when you spent an hour or two choreographing a fight scene for two Action Men (those things are a bitch to film)

--------------------
IPB Image
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Veotax
Live enabled games owned:
Conker: Live & Reloaded
Halo 2
Steel Battalion: Line of Contact

+Quote Post
Cryomancer
post Oct 29 2005, 05:30 PM
Post #3

fine fuckers it's back

Group Icon

Member No.: 153

I'd like to. I've got a few possibly quality ideas in my head that could make amusing films. I've read Kaufman's second book, it's awesome and full of actual practical advice, like bug dentists for funding.

However I have no equipment and no money so yeah

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
SSUK
post Oct 30 2005, 10:57 AM
Post #4

SSUK-Kol. Your favorite comunist-run city. =D

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,075

Does animation count? I've been working on my own one-man made animation "Dirtster Movie" for god knows how long now, near about a year... I'm cheating and not doing it frame by frame and instead using Sony vegas's key frame feature to make everything 'come to life'. =P

Dirtster Movie

--------------------
IPB Image
I'm a place in North Korea. (Note my country... =P)

+Quote Post
Cedar Jizzay
post Oct 30 2005, 09:00 PM
Post #5

lol racism

Group Icon

Group: CulT Posse
Member No.: 399

I've been filming my own home videos for years.. most of them are completely random and stupid such as the one I made of my cousin who is a Mafia Don who hires my little sister as a hitman who then proceeds to snipe my other little sister and blow some big ass hole in her head.

Apart from that I'm extremely interested in picking up a nice MiniDV camera to tape Music Gigs with (It's a hobby of mine to collect live recordings of bands I like and taping shows helps me trade for other ones)... thing is I can't find anything decent within a decent price range which sucks cock.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent MiniDV camera (Preferably one with the DV In thing that lets you run a VHS deck directly into it).

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
link343k
post Oct 30 2005, 09:45 PM
Post #6

(Insert Custom Title Here)

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,225

My class will be taking a 2 week trip to the east coast at the end of the school year and Im hopping to make a video journal of it and post a film about it during the summer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lewi-G
post Oct 30 2005, 10:48 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,842

I work for a special effects company called The Moving Picture Company in London soho.

I studied computer animation and special effects at uni. I dont actually film but I composite fake characters into movies and I am training to be a CGI artist ( currently by an animator who worked on Juressic Park!)

I am part way through an animation where a cartoon version of silent bob is singing "In the Jungle"

The industry standard video editors are called Flame, Inferno and Fire. I am not sure if you need special equipment to use them though. Two good programs I use for editing are Adobe premier and Adobe After effects.

As for Mini Dv cameras I will ask my friends I know one has bought one, I think its a good model.

--------------------
Nothing is fool proof to a talented fool

+Quote Post
The Little Red Man
post Oct 31 2005, 07:55 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Cedar, any camera with DV-IN is going to be pretty expensive, I'm afraid. Mine was around £350-£400 and it only has DV-OUT.

--------------------
Sorry about this post.

+Quote Post
Poulto
post Nov 1 2005, 05:11 PM
Post #9

All your boobies are belong to me!

Group Icon

Member No.: 77

I actually study film and television. i've spent the last three years making movies. This semester we make a 15 minute long tv show every week that we broadcast on the school network. 1/3 is a live show and the other 2/3 is funny shorts we record during the week.

We use either panasonic AG-DVX100 miniDV or ku19 DVCPRO, or sometimes BetaCAM.
For editing we Use Edit(discreet) and combustion, but were switching to Pinacle Liquid.

--------------------
No sane person reads through peoples signatures anyway.

+Quote Post
The Little Red Man
post Nov 2 2005, 08:29 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Awesome. I have A-Levels in Film, media and communication studies. Right now I'm taking a year out before (hopefully) doing a degree in Film and television design.

--------------------
Sorry about this post.

+Quote Post

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Start new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2018 - 12:32 AM