Biggestsonicfan
post Aug 24 2005, 02:20 PM
Post #41

OMG I WORKED ON SONIC HEROES

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member
Member No.: 359

QUOTE(Titan the Hedgehog @ Aug 24 2005, 11:37 AM) *

Very cool finds. I have a few questions.

1. Were Rocket Metal, the Eggman shaped minion robot from the intro, Eggman's UFO and plain Eggman (no mech) intended and functional as playable characters? Or have you just managed to get the models there?

2. "Rocket Metal" is its official name? That's strange. I'm pretty sure that on the side of the rocket there's writing reading "Mecha Sonic Model No. 29" and some kind of Tails logo. Are the textures for this character availabel anywhere?

3. Thanks for the info on Honey's moves. What moves do the others (Rocket Metal etc) have?

4. I have the Nebula Model 2 emulator and the ROM, where can I get the cheater dealy from?

I'll try to answer these ones as best I can:
1. Yes, they are both from the intro. When looking at the values, Eggman seems to be player 1, and the minion seems to be player 2. Yes, they were intended to be playable characters....but just not for us...The entire beginning intro is a level as sorts, and it keeps changing player 1 and player 2 around, as you can see from my mods above, I forced Honey to be player 1, and she appears on Eggman and Sonic, and once appeared on Rocket Metal, but the head changed back as she began to transform. As I've said before, with the UFO and regular Eggman, they are programed as playable characters, but only for the computer as needed, we just switched the character values for playable characters so we could controll them.

2. I'm pretty sure it would be "Rocket Metal", as you can go into the rom and change "Sonic" to something else, I'll try and get a screenshot of that soon. See, the names of the characters when fighting aren't set images (THEORY alert! I CANNOT PROVE THIS AT THIS TIME), they are just a style of font used, simmilar to the ones in Virtual Fighter, I.E. it used the same engine.

3. I'm not sure, I will have to test them, although I was most interested in Honey.

Rocket Metal: Sonic's Spin dash, Knuckles' jump tackle, Tails' flight tackle, Espio's Headbutt.
Eggman Minnion: It can move it's arms around in circles and hit the enemy many times (not Bark's spin), it has a drill punch where the drill spins around (just a regular punch with Sonic's spin dash sound effect), Bark's spin around ability, Bean's bomb launchng ability,
NOTE: These are acutally the EXACT same moves as the Eggman Final Robot thing. However, his spinning arm has a purple glow to it, instad of white:
http://img285.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e...133706688iv.png
http://img285.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e...133904877sd.png
This also happens when you are playing as the Final Eggman and switch characters in the middle of the move.
Eggman Regular: No special abilities, other than Bean's bomb throw. Has a neat uppercut move though.
Eggman UFO: Same as Rocket Metal. Those seem to be default moves for any character that didn't have programmed moves.
Eggman Final Robot thing: Moves can seen in normal gameplay, and Same as Eggman Minnion.

4. Unfortuinately, the cheating method used requires a bit more than entering in 1 code...As blueblur mentioned, you have to find it youself. You can use what we are using, it's called Cheat Engine. Try googling it. Although, nebulam2 is outdated, even though it had more features. Get the upgraded overhaul called m2emulator from the same nebula site.

QUOTE(Techokami @ Aug 24 2005, 09:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Biggestsonicfan)
What moves does she have? Well, this one is tougher…since I don’t have gems yet (to test out a million moves faster than on my pc), it’s hard to say. It seems like she has a version of different people’s moves. Sonic’s air jump attack, Tails’ dash attack, and Amy’s back kick slide thingy, as far as I can tell.
This is most likely proof that Honey was a testing character, because it would make more sense to set questionable moves for testing to this character then test all the moves at once, rather than play several times, each with one character, to test one move.

I would have to disagree there. Most fighting games I've played that have only one or two playable bonus characters usually have one or two moves from many of the existing characters. If anything, this COULD mean that you would have had to fight Honey instead of Metal Sonic by doing something secret. But, any theories right now are posibilities.

EDIT: I UNDERSTAND IT NOW! ALL OF IT! The eyes, why they do such weird things! It's because all the characters have many sets of eyes in them that rotate!! That way, it just turns to whichever eye action is needed. I found that out playing Rocket Metal!
http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e...124306702ms.png
http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e...124310510uz.png
http://img312.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e...124335424oe.png
http://img312.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e...124702379fh.png
In this last image, you can see the other sets of eyes, but just slightly.

EDIT2: BREAKTHROUGH DISOVERY! EGGMAN SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLAYABLE! How you ask? Well, The 08 Eggman is much too large comapared to all the other characters, and in the intro, Eggman looks a lot bigger than his minion. And Eggman 09 is the SAME HEIGHT as all the other fighters....And can't get punched out of the arena, like when Knuckles punches the 08 Eggman out... it's kinda cool...But the more I mess around, the more I believe these characters should have been playble. (Which makes us wonder if others should have been playable, I seriously doubt Rocket Metal though).

Player 1 is 08 Eggman, Player 2 is 09 Eggman
http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e...134751452rp.png
Same:
http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e...134805174cx.png
Picture of First Level when 08 Eggman get's knocked out of Arena:
http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e...131908659mn.png

EDIT 3: New theory: Get to last stage the first time as Super Sonic: Fight Eggman thingy, the second time, Eggman's Minion, the Thrid time, Honey. Just a theory I wanted to get down in writing. (adding on to this theory) Beat the game with SS, you unlock Eggman, and his final boss is Eggman's Minion. Unlock Eggman's Minion, his last boss would be Honey...(Remember, I'm just throwing out wild theorys here)

EDIT 4: Yet another new theory: StF WAS in development for the Sega Saturn (I have proof in a magazine), and with Honey's cameo, along with the Lunar Fox in Fighting Vipers, all of the characters would have been unlockable side quests? Beat the game with all characters, ect...

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Titan the Hedgehog
post Aug 24 2005, 03:14 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,149

Thanks for the info.

But if Rocket Metal was only intended for the intro then why does he have a lifebar name?

+Quote Post
Biggestsonicfan
post Aug 24 2005, 03:27 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

QUOTE(Titan the Hedgehog @ Aug 24 2005, 01:14 PM) *

Thanks for the info.

But if Rocket Metal was only intended for the intro then why does he have a lifebar name?

2. I'm pretty sure it would be "Rocket Metal", as you can go into the rom and change "Sonic" to something else, I'll try and get a screenshot of that soon. See, the names of the characters when fighting aren't set images (THEORY alert! I CANNOT PROVE THIS AT THIS TIME), they are just a style of font used, simmilar to the ones in Virtual Fighter, I.E. it used the same engine.

I'm trying to say that it's just a name of the model...and it displays that name in ASCII. It's like typing in a different font.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Overlord
post Aug 24 2005, 03:34 PM
Post #44

I love 1Mb/s DC++ Hubs, I really do

Group Icon

Group: CulT Family
Member No.: 122

Evidently, originally he wasn't.

--------------------
Shadowsoft-Games.com

A new style.

From all over the UK and proud of it, bitches. =P

Mystifying MSN Chats!Overlord: Also, I've discovered something unsettling
Overlord: The Now Playing and Fucking Love/Hate sections on people's sigs
Overlord: Are faded/darked versions of colours
Overlord: Grey is dark white, and the other 2 can be lightened to be red and blue, as they are
NiktheGreek: Yup
Overlord: What flag uses the colour and layout of the setup?
Overlord: RUSSIA
Overlord: IT'S AN INVASION D:
NiktheGreek: XDDDDD

+Quote Post
Titan the Hedgehog
post Aug 24 2005, 03:35 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

You may find this interesting ^_-

The Cat-Honey actually appears in the Saturn version of Fighting Vipers; as one of Sanman's toys that appears in the FMV intro. But she is in Honey's FV 2P colours, and is pink rather than yellow.
IPB Image
Thanks to bigsmile for capturing the image.

They should have put Cat-Honey in Fighters Megamix =/

QUOTE(Biggestsonicfan @ Aug 24 2005, 12:27 PM) *
I'm trying to say that it's just a name of the model...and it displays that name in ASCII. It's like typing in a different font.

So the lifebar name just reads the filename of the model?

+Quote Post
Biggestsonicfan
post Aug 24 2005, 04:04 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

QUOTE(Titan the Hedgehog @ Aug 24 2005, 01:35 PM) *

You may find this interesting ^_-

The Cat-Honey actually appears in the Saturn version of Fighting Vipers; as one of Sanman's toys that appears in the FMV intro. But she is in Honey's FV 2P colours, and is pink rather than yellow.
IPB Image
Thanks to bigsmile for capturing the image.

They should have put Cat-Honey in Fighters Megamix =/

QUOTE(Biggestsonicfan @ Aug 24 2005, 12:27 PM) *

So the lifebar name just reads the filename of the model?

As does the Tail's rocket? O_O

And yeah, it's just what it's named. It's not like "Rocket Metal" is a pre programed texture, it's just...Like this

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Titan the Hedgehog
post Aug 24 2005, 04:19 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

QUOTE(Biggestsonicfan @ Aug 24 2005, 01:04 PM) *
As does the Tail's rocket? O_O

Yup, the Lunar Fox.

QUOTE(Biggestsonicfan @ Aug 24 2005, 01:04 PM) *
And yeah, it's just what it's named. It's not like "Rocket Metal" is a pre programed texture, it's just...Like this

So why do all of the different Eggman models (flying saucer, robot henchman etc) read "Dr. Eggman"? Do all of those Eggman related models share the same file name of "Dr. Eggman"? How does it work?

+Quote Post
Biggestsonicfan
post Aug 24 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

QUOTE(Titan the Hedgehog @ Aug 24 2005, 02:19 PM) *

So why do all of the different Eggman models (flying saucer, robot henchman etc) read "Dr. Eggman"? Do all of those Eggman related models share the same file name of "Dr. Eggman"? How does it work?

Okay, here is my theorys: 1. If in fact they were supposed to be the last bosses,
EDIT 3: New theory: Get to last stage the first time as Super Sonic: Fight Eggman thingy, the second time, Eggman's Minion, the Thrid time, Honey. Just a theory I wanted to get down in writing. (adding on to this theory) Beat the game with SS, you unlock Eggman, and his final boss is Eggman's Minion. Unlock Eggman's Minion, his last boss would be Honey...(Remember, I'm just throwing out wild theorys here)

then using the "Dr.Eggman" title would throw the player off, and would explain why honey would have a "? ? ?" for her title card.
2. The programmers during testing stages needed to have "Dr. Eggman" be a wildcard for unplayable characters, they just gave "Rocket Metal" a name because it was cool/Metal Sonic would transform and fight you after you beat Eggman as Super Sonic/Someone really liked to play as him/it was used to distinguish Metal Rocket from Metal Sonic and Dr. Eggman wildcards.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
OmochaoAbuser
post Aug 24 2005, 05:13 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

Member No.: 2,520

One more thing, if you hit the Egg Pawn, gears and such will fly out!

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Purity
post Aug 24 2005, 06:04 PM
Post #50

updownleftrightastart

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,515

Hai 2 u
Once I saw the screens of her, someone had to do it. Wonder how long it takes for someone to see this and pr0n her up. Dedicated to BSF for all the hard work he's done for this.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Demi
post Aug 24 2005, 06:27 PM
Post #51

CulT Demigod

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member DX
Member No.: 81

QUOTE(Purity @ Aug 25 2005, 12:04 AM) *

Hai 2 u
Once I saw the screens of her, someone had to do it. Wonder how long it takes for someone to see this and pr0n her up. Dedicated to BSF for all the hard work he's done for this.

That should be the page art for the Sonic The Fighters page on cult.

+Quote Post
SH2000
post Aug 24 2005, 10:48 PM
Post #52

I am your Mario

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Demi @ Aug 24 2005, 04:27 PM) *

Hai 2 u

Yes plz

--------------------
sdfsd
sd
fsdf
sdf
saddssd

+Quote Post
Biggestsonicfan
post Aug 25 2005, 01:36 AM
Post #53

Group Icon

QUOTE(Sazpaimon @ Aug 24 2005, 08:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Demi @ Aug 24 2005, 04:27 PM) *

Hai 2 u

Yes plz

Could I help design the page into sections? I remember a LONG time ago, when sections were being given out, at the first rebirth of the cult, I had StF. I think I still have some of that write up floating around on my hard drives.
Oh, and heavy aww factor there Purity ^_^

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
JoJo B.
post Aug 25 2005, 01:45 AM
Post #54

Group Icon

Member No.: 3,046

The character which appears in the newspapers and billboards from SA and SADX's, Speed Highway looks somewhat similar to the StF version of Honey. It may have been her all along when the images were realized some time ago.

Sorry, I don't have any textures or screenshots to provide, but I'm looking for them as we speak.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Biggestsonicfan
post Aug 25 2005, 01:55 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

QUOTE(JoJo B. @ Aug 24 2005, 11:45 PM) *

The character which appears in the newspapers and billboards from SA and SADX's, Speed Highway looks somewhat similar to the StF version of Honey. It may have been her all along when the images were realized some time ago.

Sorry, I don't have any textures or screenshots to provide, but I'm looking for them as we speak.

Hmmm, the thought never crossed my mind...but now that I think about it....hmmm.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
The Stiv
post Aug 27 2005, 07:35 AM
Post #56

StivStyle UK on Saz FM - Occasionally.

Group Icon

Member No.: 60

Hai 2 u

Damn my rare reading of hacking forum.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SSUK
post Aug 27 2005, 10:45 AM
Post #57

SSUK-Kol. Your favorite comunist-run city. =D

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,075

For Sonic The Fighters on Gems if you check the copyrights part, it has 2005 on it... So were these models removed from the Arcade version by SEGA just recently? Or is this the Saturn version? If it is the saturn version does this mean SEGA DIDN'T destroy the Saturn archive like it was rumoured? There might be a hope that all the Saturn stuff is still intact which also might include Xtreeme stuff... Just a thought.

EDIT: Also, on checking the Sonic The Fighters CulT page, the Screenshot page the character select screen at the bottom has Honey and Pepsiman on there... Hah. =P

--------------------
IPB Image
I'm a place in North Korea. (Note my country... =P)

+Quote Post
lanzer
post Aug 27 2005, 11:58 AM
Post #58

FURRY VASH THE STAMPEDE KAWAII ^__^;;;;;

Group Icon

Group: SCARZ's Bitch
Member No.: 9,398

Um, has anyone tried using the "Sunset Hill", or whatever it is called, stage?

--------------------
YAOIPIXPLZ

+Quote Post
Overlord
post Aug 27 2005, 03:14 PM
Post #59

I love 1Mb/s DC++ Hubs, I really do

Group Icon

Member No.: 122

QUOTE(SSUK @ Aug 27 2005, 04:45 PM) *

For Sonic The Fighters on Gems if you check the copyrights part, it has 2005 on it... So were these models removed from the Arcade version by SEGA just recently? Or is this the Saturn version?

No. The reason for this (and if you look, Sonic CD & R should have them as well. I don't have SGC yet to check) is because the games have been edited so they'll work on the GC/PS2 - they're ports.

Random example, Ocarina of Time & Master Quest that comes free with Wind Waker has 2 copyright dates, for the same reason (yes, I'm aware both are emulated) and iirc, a couple of the games on the 5 game Zelda bonus disc do too.

--------------------
Shadowsoft-Games.com

A new style.

From all over the UK and proud of it, bitches. =P

Mystifying MSN Chats!Overlord: Also, I've discovered something unsettling
Overlord: The Now Playing and Fucking Love/Hate sections on people's sigs
Overlord: Are faded/darked versions of colours
Overlord: Grey is dark white, and the other 2 can be lightened to be red and blue, as they are
NiktheGreek: Yup
Overlord: What flag uses the colour and layout of the setup?
Overlord: RUSSIA
Overlord: IT'S AN INVASION D:
NiktheGreek: XDDDDD

+Quote Post
sonicblur
post Aug 27 2005, 03:58 PM
Post #60

Error

Group Icon

Member No.: 997

QUOTE(Overlord @ Aug 27 2005, 12:14 PM) *
No. The reason for this (and if you look, Sonic CD & R should have them as well. I don't have SGC yet to check) is because the games have been edited so they'll work on the GC/PS2 - they're ports.

Random example, Ocarina of Time & Master Quest that comes free with Wind Waker has 2 copyright dates, for the same reason (yes, I'm aware both are emulated) and iirc, a couple of the games on the 5 game Zelda bonus disc do too.

It's fairly obvious that the Gems version of Fighters is a port.
However, for some reason, all of the game values stored in memory on the GC version are stored as little endian, which is VERY strange for a Gamecube game, considering that the processor is big endian. I'm not sure what this suggests, since they did remove the unused stuff, but it's an interesting point nonetheless.

+Quote Post

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Start new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2017 - 12:22 AM