Sonic Stadium
Green Hill Zone

THE 10 CULTMANDMENTS | THE IDIOT'S GUIDE TO POSTING AT SCARZ
Sonic Online
Sonic Dimension

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NiGHTs, anyone gotten ANYTHING from this game?
TRiPPY
post Apr 21 2004, 02:35 AM
Post #41

Dare To Dream?...

Group Icon

Group: Nightmaren
Member No.: 1,907

Actualy maybe its the part where NiGHTS is looking at himself before Wizeman attacks you? But that wouldn't explain the size of the file. hmm. (see above screenshot of Wizeman) Just more random thoughts.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PACHUKA
post Apr 21 2004, 03:39 AM
Post #42

CulT Demigod

Group Icon

Group: CulT Family
Member No.: 14

This topic made me bust out one of my 700000000 copies of Japanese Xmas Nights. I fucking HATE swapping. Someone hook me up with a saturn mod chip kthx.

I'm kicking myself for selling that saturn development station now.

+Quote Post
TRiPPY
post Apr 21 2004, 04:33 AM
Post #43

Dare To Dream?...

Group Icon

QUOTE(RealaNightmaren @ Apr 21 2004, 12:39 AM)
This topic made me bust out one of my 700000000 copies of Japanese Xmas Nights. I fucking HATE swapping. Someone hook me up with a saturn mod chip kthx.

you sold it? *strangle* XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Borisz
post Apr 21 2004, 08:27 AM
Post #44

I AM THE MASKED MENACE

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 119

QUOTE(RealaNightmaren @ Apr 21 2004, 09:39 AM)

Can I join?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eric Wright
post Apr 21 2004, 01:32 PM
Post #45

Here we goooo!!!

Group Icon

Member No.: 760

QUOTE(RealaNightmaren @ Apr 21 2004, 12:39 AM)

well if I had had the money at the time, the CulT would still have it XD Who did you sell it to? can you get in contact with them, for at least borrowing it back or something?

--------------------
IPB Image
F-Zero Arranged OST
You want it? Here's a torrent: CLICK HERE
Encoded using LAME 3.96.1, -q1 --preset extreme
I will be seeding for as long as I have this posted in my signature.

+Quote Post
SANiK
post Apr 23 2004, 04:47 PM
Post #46

The things we do to the people that we love...

Group Icon

Member No.: 2,150

The bad news is that the game lists 8 bosses.
Only 7 render data packages are listed on the cd meaning they cut out Selph before show time. :|

Like Trippy had said, the #7 items that we are examining are the Wizeman.

This post has been edited by Sanik: Apr 23 2004, 04:49 PM

--------------------
Nintendo DS emu by Raker45:
user posted image

+Quote Post
TRiPPY
post Apr 23 2004, 11:38 PM
Post #47

Dare To Dream?...

Group Icon

QUOTE(Sanik @ Apr 23 2004, 01:47 PM)
Only 7 render data packages are listed on the cd meaning they cut out Selph before show time. :|

Like Trippy had said, the #7 items that we are examining are the Wizeman.

godammit >_< That is going to torture me FORVEVER gahhh. Still at least i got something right, i feel smart now, heehee. *wonders if it's possible to rewrite the cutscenes with different viewpoints and/or angles and then put it back onto the game (i had a mad dream like that a few nights ago)*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quick Man
post Apr 24 2004, 07:48 AM
Post #48

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member
Member No.: 1,120

QUOTE(Sanik @ Apr 23 2004, 09:47 PM)

Aye, I've known this for a great while now. I wonder if we can get our hands on something the French call a "prototype"...

--------------------
SONIC CULT IS BEING VERBALLY ASSAULTED BY RETARDS.

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO SAVE SONIC CULT?

+Quote Post
TRiPPY
post Apr 24 2004, 07:51 AM
Post #49

Dare To Dream?...

Group Icon

QUOTE(XinuX @ Apr 24 2004, 04:48 AM)
QUOTE(Sanik @ Apr 23 2004, 09:47 PM)

Aye, I've known this for a great while now. I wonder if we can get our hands on something the French call a "prototype"...

And us in Scotland call 'oh yes fuck please' XD ahaha.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SANiK
post Apr 24 2004, 12:28 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

The M1-M8 listed in the NiGHTs file were supposedly text to a level select which was part of the prototype.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
SANiK
post May 3 2004, 04:50 PM
Post #51

Group Icon

Thanks to Patches, looking at the tool kit, it was found that:

Saturn used Gourad shading (No duhh)
Faces were arranged into quads. (This explains the graphic glitches in Sonic-Xtreme, if you know about non-corollating polygons, you would know what kind of glitches this may cause)

Also, I will be able to figure the vertex compression formula by examining .mdl (Actually c source code) and .sg3 (binary model format)

It seems that the SG3 format is in float format. So, it can't be used to crack the format :/

This post has been edited by Sanik: May 4 2004, 02:40 PM

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Borisz
post May 4 2004, 06:26 AM
Post #52

I AM THE MASKED MENACE

Group Icon

Could someone look on the "Nights limited edition" disc? it might have something more interesting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trigger
post May 4 2004, 07:55 PM
Post #53

Go Team!!

Group Icon

Member No.: 46

SONIC     KNUCKLES     MILES     AMY     EGGMAN     METAL     FANG    ESPIO     BEAN    FLICKY

Nonsense in the 0NIGHTS file. I think this has been noted down somewhere before, but I couldn't find it through a quick search. If it's been seen many a time, feel free to ravage me with glass dildos. What on earth is the Sonic Championship cast, with the addition of Flicky, and no Bark, doing in there?

YOU HAVEN'T MET REALA YET.

I don't have a Saturn at hand to check this, but where does this text usually appear? (In the file it's listed directly after the names of the music pieces, after "Theme of a Tragic blahblahnightsvsrealaohshit" to be precise) There's also an "ETC" and "??????" title of something-or-other that's listed after the bosses names and before the names of the music tracks, do they appear anywhere (possibly menus and all that)?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Chouffette
post May 4 2004, 08:28 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,269

QUOTE(Trigger @ May 4 2004, 04:55 PM)
SONIC     KNUCKLES     MILES     AMY     EGGMAN     METAL     FANG    ESPIO     BEAN    FLICKY

Nonsense in the 0NIGHTS file. I think this has been noted down somewhere before, but I couldn't find it through a quick search. If it's been seen many a time, feel free to ravage me with glass dildos. What on earth is the Sonic Championship cast, with the addition of Flicky, and no Bark, doing in there?

YOU HAVEN'T MET REALA YET.

I don't have a Saturn at hand to check this, but where does this text usually appear? (In the file it's listed directly after the names of the music pieces, after "Theme of a Tragic blahblahnightsvsrealaohshit" to be precise) There's also an "ETC" and "??????" title of something-or-other that's listed after the bosses names and before the names of the music tracks, do they appear anywhere (possibly menus and all that)?

I believe the "You haven't met Reala yet" thing happens if you try to select 2pl. vs. mode before you've fought Reala.

~Kat

+Quote Post
harmaa
post May 5 2004, 01:31 AM
Post #55

Your Flower Power is no match for my Glower Power!

Group Icon

Member No.: 601

Aren't those just the names listed on the score ranking page?

--------------------

"Soon, I will be in court, pointing to the crotch of a Tails plushie, showing the judge where Yuji Naka hurt me." - The irreplacable Hemlock_Martini

+Quote Post
Quick Man
post May 5 2004, 07:18 AM
Post #56

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,120

QUOTE(Kat @ May 5 2004, 01:28 AM)
I believe the "You haven't met Reala yet" thing happens if you try to select 2pl. vs. mode before you've fought Reala.

~Kat

It does.

And the names might be from the score ranking page, although that's not the only list of names in 0NIGHTS.

--------------------
SONIC CULT IS BEING VERBALLY ASSAULTED BY RETARDS.

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO SAVE SONIC CULT?

+Quote Post
Hivebrain
post May 5 2004, 09:13 AM
Post #57

The Thing

Group Icon

Member No.: 117

QUOTE(Miyu @ May 4 2004, 10:31 PM)

Aren't those just the names listed on the score ranking page?

Yes, but you only actually see the first 5 names.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Borisz
post May 6 2004, 04:20 AM
Post #58

I AM THE MASKED MENACE

Group Icon

QUOTE(RealaNightmaren @ Apr 21 2004, 09:39 AM)
This topic made me bust out one of my 700000000 copies of Japanese Xmas Nights.

Did the bin/cue you upped to betas ages ago come from that too, or you just upped a one from the net?

--------------------

+Quote Post
TRiPPY
post Jun 18 2004, 05:11 AM
Post #59

Dare To Dream?...

Group Icon

The same data is found in Xmas NiGHTS too with the names:

#P1:ALPS-WINDS  #P2:SNOW-WAY  #P3:WOODS-FOREST  #P4:SEA-PARK  #P5:RUBBER-PALACE  #P6:MAGNETIC-MINE  #P7:ELIOT'S-CITY  #P8:SPIRAL-CLARIS  #M1:FROGED-DRAGON  #M2:MRS.FATTY  #M3:FIRE-CAT'S  #M4:THE-REALA  #M5:MANTLE-MAN  #M6:MONSTER-FISH  #M7:SELPH  #M8:WIZED-MAN

Which im thinking is there because of the Pian collection in the museum which shows your Pian data from each level, but doesnt explain the bosses being there as Gillwing is the only boss (along with puffy/robotnik) in the Xmas edition.

Other intresting stuff i see in 0NIGHTS:

@1CONGRATULATIONS!þ @0RETURN @1IDEA@0 & þ @0 GOTO @2N@0IGHT-@2M@0AREþ @0 þ @0BREAK @2M@0ARE'S BASEþ@0 þ@0RETURN THIS @1IDEAþ @0 þ@0MORE @1POW-CAPSULE!
(none of which i recall being text in the game)

Bz`pÿ! ?E« Ã’?E"?EÀ «  BzPRESS START BUTTON O"Ã…c?E?EÃ’C?EÃ’?EecÃ?@ G?ôvO& ãJãN´O"Ã’ Ã? @ Ã? Ô dB\B,È?E?E?ËO&Ã?@+ à þ?E Ù,  0d Ù?E"d£e³?E5 Ã’ÞN ?EcÃ…'È?EsÿC?EcÃsÿÈ?Es3Ã?E?E`3€e³5þ þ  - SYSTEM CONFIG -ÿ ÿTIME-UNLIMITED :ÿ CAMERA-CONTROL :ÿ EDIT ENV.LIGHT :ÿ DEBUG-CONTROL :ÿ DEMO-RECORD :ÿ MARE-BONUS PTS :ÿ MARE-EXCHANGE :ÿ MARE-BONUS TIME:ÿ TIME-BONUS :ÿ PIA-EXCHANGE :ÿ PAUSE-INFO :ÿ VS-V-SPLIT :ÿ ALIFE-EDIT :ÿ ACRO-DA(OLD) :ÿ INFO-FLAG :ÿ FULL-REPLAY :þ €  @ÀON þOFFþ  PREFINAL 13,JUN.1996þ  ãâ€?ã¦ã¶ãèãú?E?E?E  ?E?E?E?E?E?E?Eÿ  ?E?E?E?E?E?Eÿ  ?E?E?E?E?E?E?E?E?E?E? @ A G H I J O P Q W X Yÿÿ  Ãœ Ã? ?E?E?E?E?Eÿ ?E?E?E?E
(restated debug info again)(godamn i wish it actualy HAD more info on it)
wL NIGHTS_OBJ0 NIGHTS_OBJ1 NIGHTS_OBJ2 NIGHTS_OBJ3 NIGHTS_OBJ4 NIGHTS_OBJ5 NIGHTS_OBJ6 NIGHTS_OBJ7 NIGHTS_OBJ8 NIGHTS_OBJ9 NIGHTS_OBJA NIGHTS_OBJB NIGHTS_OBJC NIGHTS_OBJD NIGHTS_OBJE NIGHTS_OBJF NIGHTS__OBJ NIGHTS ED NIGHTS_GOUR NIGHTS_GOUR SDDRVS.TSK  c   NIGHTS_XMAS NiGHTS data NIGHTS___02 /À /� TITLE.PRS TITLE_W.PRS TITLE_S.PRS TITLE_X.PRS TITLE_H.PRS SEL.PRS SELECT_S.PRS SELECT.PRS SELECT2.PRS SELECTH.PRS SELECTH2.PRS SEGALOGO.PRS OVER.PRS KEIKOKU.PRS KEIKOKUP.PRS ENDING.PRS ENDING0.PRS ENDING2.PRS ENDING3.PRS END.PRS NAME.PRS PRESENT.PRS XMASPRES.PRS XMAS_END.PRS XPANEL.PRS MEKURI.PRS MBOX.PRS GOODS.PRS GOODSCG.PRX MUSEUM.PRS GOMOVIE.PRS GOLINK.PRS GOKARA.PRS GOSONIC.PRS NIGHT1CG.PRX NIGHT2CG.PRX BOSS1CG.PRX BOSS2CG.PRX ENEMY1CG.PRX ENEMY2CG.PRX PIAN1CG.PRX PIAN2CG.PRX DREAMCG.PRX POSTERCG.PRX SEEDSCG.PRX CLARISCG.PRX ELLIOTCG.PRX MAGCG.PRX KARA.PRS ALVIEW.PRS ALVIEWER.PRS HINT0J.PRS HINT1J.PRS HINT2J.PRS HINT3J.PRS HINT4J.PRS HINT0E.PRS HINT1E.PRS HINT2E.PRS HINT3E.PRS HINT4E.PRS DEMO1.PRS DEMO1X.PRS DEMOM.PRS KARA1.PRS KARA1X.PRS ALPSSNDC.PRS ALPSSNDE.PRS ALPSSNDS.PRS ALPXSNDC.PRS ALPXSNDE.PRS ALPXSNDS.PRS ALPWSNDC.PRS ALPWSNDE.PRS ALPWSNDS.PRS WALPSSND.PRS WSNOWSND.PRS WFORESND.PRS WSEASND.PRS WRUBBSND.PRS WMAGSND.PRS NALPSSND.PRS NSNOWSND.PRS NFORESND.PRS NSEASND.PRS NRUBBSND.PRS NMAGSND.PRS FROGSND.PRS EGGSND.PRS LINKSND.PRS KARASND.PRS TTLXSND.PRS ALPSSEQ.PRS ALPWSEQ.PRS SNOWSEQ.PRS FORESEQ.PRS SEASEQ.PRS RUBBSEQ.PRS MAGSEQ.PRS PLMOT.PRS PLTEX.PRS NXTEX.PRS NTEX.PRS PXTEX.PRS PNTEX.PRS PPTEX.PRS PTEX.PRS RETEX.PRS PLXMDL.PRS PLNMDL.PRS PLPMDL.PRS PLMDL.PRS NMDL.PRS SMDL.PRS REMDL.PRS PCOMH.PRS PCOMH2.PRS PCOMH2X.PRS RD1PH.PRS RD1PXH.PRS RD2PH.PRS RD3PH.PRS RD4PH.PRS RD5PH.PRS RD6PH.PRS RD7PH.PRS PCOM.PRS PCOM2.PRS PCOM2X.PRS RD1P.PRS RD1PX.PRS RD1PX2.PRS RD1PX3.PRS RD2P.PRS RD3P.PRS RD4P.PRS RD5P.PRS RD6P.PRS RD7P.PRS MCOMH.PRS RD1MH.PRS RD1MXH.PRS RD2MH.PRS RD3MH.PRS RD4MH.PRS RD5MH.PRS RD6MH.PRS RD7MH.PRS MCOM.PRS RD1M.PRS RD1MX.PRS RD2M.PRS RD3M.PRS RD4M.PRS RD5M.PRS RD6M.PRS RD7M.PRS RD7M2.PRS AL1P.PRS AL2P.PRS AL3P.PRS AL4P.PRS AL5P.PRS AL6P.PRS AL1PX.PRS GRDXALPS.PRS GRDALPS.PRS GRDSNOW.PRS GRDFORES.PRS GRDOCEAN.PRS GRDREALA.PRS GRDRUBBE.PRS GRDMAGNE.PRS GTXXALPS.PRS GTXALPS.PRS GTXSNOW.PRS GTXFORES.PRS GTXOCEAN.PRS GTXRUBBE.PRS GTXMAGNE.PRS PRG1P.PRS PRG1PM.PRS PRG1PX.PRS PRG1PXM.PRS PRG2P.PRS PRG3P.PRS PRG4P.PRS PRG5P.PRS PRG6P.PRS PRG7P.PRS PRG1M.PRS PRG1MX.PRS PRG2M.PRS PRG3M.PRS PRG4M.PRS PRG5M.PRS PRG6M.PRS PRG7M.PRS PRGMOVIE.PRS PRGMOVX.PRS PRGMBOX.PRS PRGGOODS.PRS PRGMUSE.PRS PRGOMOV.PRS M00.CPK M01.CPK PREV.CPK PROLOG.CPK EPILOG.CPK MVB.CPK MVA.CPK M00.ADP M01.ADP PREV.ADP PROLOG.ADP EPILOG.ADP MVB.ADP MVA.ADP
(all of which i'm presuming are to do with the museum collection)
edit: Nope it looks more just like a file list of whats on the disk.

STM_SBL Version 2.10 1996-02-01 GFS_SBL Version 2.10 1996-02-01 CD001

Peh i wish i could do more, i have every single version of NiGHTS and i want to see more on this debug. Believe it or not a lot of people STILL pretend the Abracadabra cheat works. Sad ppl.

This post has been edited by TRiPPY: Jun 18 2004, 05:17 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
superstarCB
post Jun 20 2004, 11:36 PM
Post #60

Just two kids in love...

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,537

QUOTE(TRiPPY @ Jun 18 2004, 06:11 AM)
Believe it or not a lot of people STILL pretend the Abracadabra cheat works. Sad ppl.

Silly people. Yeah, I've seen it in game magazines well after the game was released. This just proves that some people don't truly test their codes on final versions before they release them to the public.

--------------------
superstarEMU - It's alive once again! Got the basic layout down and much more content to come! (Last Updated: 6/30/05)

+Quote Post

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Start new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2017 - 12:20 AM