Cyberdude
post Apr 6 2005, 01:14 AM
Post #1

Now in 200x88 goodness

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member DX
Member No.: 442

Version 0.9 is released at http://www.soniconthe.net/details.php?id=336&hit=1

Future releases will come faster. However with the exception of v1.0 of this one, I won't be releasing anything until after June 24th; last GCSE.

Old post:

EDIT: Lots of crap removed.  If you only just saw the topic then go here to see it
I need some things done by outside people:

The name means Scottish Visions.

1. I need people to un-Engrish Solly's subs.  I can do obvious things such as spelling, punctuation and grammar (I enfore it more than other people, so it's not all obvious), but I am no French wiz.  I only got a grade B in my French GCSE mock.
2. Tell me a good font to use.

You WILL be credited

Anyone wanting to un-Engrish the subs should start from episode 54 as 53 has been subbed and un-Engrished by [FM].  I know they didn't remove logos or anything but it meets my quality approval from other people.  Of course I can't stop you fixing 53, your choice.

Now I'm going through my GCSE year, so don't try to rush me or anything.

And I promise you guys I will take a stab at WPP in episode 54.  I have a trick up my sleeve, just you wait :-)

Opening without logos (12MB).  Could I please have opinions on that?  That'll probably be the final version, but I'd like some constructive criticism in case it's something stupidly easy I've missed.

This post has been edited by Cyberdude: May 29 2005, 06:51 AM

--------------------

The Scotsblog

[Cinossu] http://www.nuticulus.net/drscotsman/trash/...es/egg-star.jpg BEHOLD MY LATEST INVENTION, THE EGG CARRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR..

Link changed in case it goes stale =P
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MAgicalDoremi
post Apr 7 2005, 02:14 AM
Post #2

Ara? Culty Bunch?

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member
Member No.: 30

Welcome fellow fansubber =P.
Anywho, we already have most of the scripts up yo Episode 61 finished, just being very lazy in timing. Bleh. Doesn't help I have two other projects to worry about. (Vampiyan Kids and PaRappa the Rapper.)

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Cyberdude
post Apr 7 2005, 09:47 AM
Post #3

Now in 200x88 goodness

Group Icon

QUOTE(MAgicalDoremi @ Apr 7 2005, 08:14 AM)
Welcome fellow fansubber =P.
Anywho, we already have most of the scripts up yo Episode 61 finished, just being very lazy in timing. Bleh. Doesn't help I have two other projects to worry about. (Vampiyan Kids and PaRappa the Rapper.)

(You're part of fightingmagic I take it). Hmm, fighting magic are still going. I'm not complaining/bitching/requesting you to stop or anything, but that might make my subs redundant. Not to mention I don't want to make FM's subs redundant (although unlikely) as you guys have a lower chance of stopping than me =(

Do you think I should not bother then? Or there's always the weird idea of me removing the logos from the video and sending that to you guys (or if you use Virtualdub just sending the filters and processing settings).

This post has been edited by Cyberdude: Apr 7 2005, 09:52 AM

--------------------

The Scotsblog

[Cinossu] http://www.nuticulus.net/drscotsman/trash/...es/egg-star.jpg BEHOLD MY LATEST INVENTION, THE EGG CARRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR..

+Quote Post
Link
post Apr 8 2005, 12:33 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 2,374

hm... it's cool that you want and try to correct the subs... Solly's ones really have many minor mistakes (in fact HOng Kong subs are worse: they look like this: http://www.engrish.com ).

But a simple question.. how will you offer the subs: as a hard-subbed video file or will you offer a simple SSA (or whatever format you gonna use, as far as I got it, it is gonna be SSA) file for those who already have an unsubbed version (I personally always integrate SRT and SSA in the AVI files resulting at a soft-subbed MKV... my DVD player can't play them but this way the files are smaller and I need some space on my DVDs).

+Quote Post
Solly
post Apr 8 2005, 05:48 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 3,135

Hey I know I'm not that good in english but I'm not as bad as HK Bootlegs DVD...

Anyway, most of what you call "engrish"... Is some french way to speak ...
and since we don't always know the right "english terms and expressions"...
we prefer to let it translated word by word. That's how it can sometimes sounds "very engrish".

And more, since it is "SUBTITLES" we don't want to make a perfect litteral text.
Otherwise it couldn't be able to fit the image and the french speech anymore.

Those SRT are there to let you understand what the french are saying...
nothing more. I'm sure 4kids will make a fabulous translation work better than me :ph34r:

And anyway, there's different "english" in the world...
American and UK's english are a bit different too.

I am barely using the english I learnt in school.
And since I'm releasing the subs on SRT you guys can easily correct what you want :)

+Quote Post
Cyberdude
post Apr 8 2005, 11:16 PM
Post #6

Now in 200x88 goodness

Group Icon

Link: If you wade through a few links (not that I expected you to) you'll find I'm integrating them (hard coding them), for lack of hassle.

Solly: Your subs are great. I'd be lying if I said they were 100%, but it's easy to understand the story from them, and hardly any of us could do better. In short, I just didn't want to put 90% quality subs in when some people want to make 99%. Thanks for letting us edit them with ease.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to go through this or not if Fighting magic are going through. I hope MAgicalDoremi replies..

(MAgicalDoremi, assuming you are part of FightingMagic, what alias do you go by there?)

This post has been edited by Cyberdude: Apr 8 2005, 11:20 PM

--------------------

The Scotsblog

+Quote Post
Cyberdude
post May 29 2005, 06:52 AM
Post #7

Now in 200x88 goodness

Group Icon

Bump: Version 0.9 is released at http://www.soniconthe.net/details.php?id=336&hit=1

--------------------

The Scotsblog

+Quote Post
MAgicalDoremi
post Jun 3 2005, 09:00 AM
Post #8

Ara? Culty Bunch?

Group Icon

Member No.: 30

Ugh. sorry about my respounce on sotn. I'm just a bit pissed you didn't contact me. This way we could of probably did a joint of episode 54+. Not to mention, we're using custome scripts for those episodes. (Solly agreed to allow me to use her script for episode 53. Again, this was done before Solly even released the srt for that one.)

= / So..um.. I'll contact you through PM.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Start new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 11:01 AM