post Mar 28 2005, 05:20 PM
Post #1

lol originulity

Group Icon

Group: Unwanted
Member No.: 93

http://members.lycos.co.uk/gunner112k/61.srt
Right click > Save target as

and rename it to the filename of your episode 61, french dub version.

--------------------

Hacking CulT

I told you to go there you motherfucker, now go

SAZ FM

Now with 63% MORE cowbell
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cyberdude
post Mar 29 2005, 06:41 AM
Post #2

Now in 200x88 goodness

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member DX
Member No.: 442

I hate to sound like a really ungrateful assshole, but are eps 54-60 subbed? Or is 61 a really important episode or something.

EDIT: Typo

This post has been edited by Cyberdude: Mar 29 2005, 11:40 AM

--------------------

The Scotsblog

[Cinossu] http://www.nuticulus.net/drscotsman/trash/...es/egg-star.jpg BEHOLD MY LATEST INVENTION, THE EGG CARRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR..

Link changed in case it goes stale =P

+Quote Post
McAleeCh
post Mar 29 2005, 10:15 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member
Member No.: 9,037

Hmm, not bad, there! Those are some pretty good quality subs. There are a couple of phrases I would have altered the wording of for continuity purposes (Shadow being referred to as the "supreme creature" as opposed to the "ultimate lifeform", for example, or referring the the ARK as a 'spatial colony' (a more literal translation of "colonie espacial", I'd presume) rather than "space colony"), and a few things I would have worded slightly differently(the Metarex referring to Shadow as 'that dude' - the wording didn't quite seem to fit the character).

However, the actual translation was done very well. If some of those details were altered, it'd pretty much be a perfect English subbing of the episode, since for the most part the dialogue was translated to sound quite natural in English. Congrats, there. =P Now I understand more why Shadow is working for Eggman - Eggman is using Shadow's inability to remember his past to his advantage by promising he'll reveal all to him if he does what he's told.

You know what I'd suggest? If you have the time, I'd say you should apply for a scripting position with Sonic X SCARZ, since we're probably in need of one or two people scripting for the new episodes (though really it's SSUK and Overlord who have all the say on who we need and don't need). Plus, even if the dub falls through yet again, there'd be nothing stopping you from releasing them all as subs as soon as you finish them, so the work wouldn't be wasted.

Oh, and Cyberdude? Most of Episodes 53-60 have been subbed by Solly and Jaspion, though the English translation in Gunner's sub is far superior. Still, it's enough to get by on, and they come out quickly. I was actually working on my own translation, using what knowledge I have of French and the existing subs to guide me, but I can see after looking at this one that I'm going to have to rework some portions before I even think of releasing it.

This post has been edited by McAleeCh: Mar 29 2005, 10:16 AM

+Quote Post
Cyberdude
post Mar 29 2005, 11:39 AM
Post #4

Now in 200x88 goodness

Group Icon

QUOTE(McAleeCh @ Mar 29 2005, 03:15 PM)
Oh, and Cyberdude? Most of Episodes 53-60 have been subbed by Solly and Jaspion, though the English translation in Gunner's sub is far superior.

I hate it when my typos break the laws of maths -_-

Anyway, wheather it's good or not I don't care, for episodes 12+ I went by the edited versions of the HK subs =P. Anyway, I read on http://www.soniconthe.net/ that said subs were GOING to be up, but as it turns out the site is down (well, their IP address must have changed)

--------------------

The Scotsblog

[Cinossu] http://www.nuticulus.net/drscotsman/trash/...es/egg-star.jpg BEHOLD MY LATEST INVENTION, THE EGG CARRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR..

+Quote Post
McAleeCh
post Mar 29 2005, 12:10 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE(Cyberdude @ Mar 29 2005, 04:39 PM)
QUOTE(McAleeCh @ Mar 29 2005, 03:15 PM)
Oh, and Cyberdude? Most of Episodes 53-60 have been subbed by Solly and Jaspion, though the English translation in Gunner's sub is far superior.

I hate it when my typos break the laws of maths -_-

Anyway, wheather it's good or not I don't care, for episodes 12+ I went by the edited versions of the HK subs =P. Anyway, I read on http://www.soniconthe.net/ that said subs were GOING to be up, but as it turns out the site is down (well, their IP address must have changed)

The subs are up as softsubs rather than hardsubbed episodes in the same torrent as Episodes 53-64. The filters etc. you need to display them are included in the 'Related Programs' folder. If you've got a Bittorrent client that allows you to select which files you want to download, like BitSpirit, then you can just snag the subs without having to worry about getting the episodes in HQ (don't know if you either already have them / downloaded the RM episodes instead, but they're synched up for both as they're the exact same recording).

But, yeah, with SonicOnThe.Net being down at the moment, that info is kinda useless. I guess I could provide an HTTP mirror for them, though. Give me a few minutes, I'll edit this post with links to the .srt files. You'll need the VobSub filters or similar installed to properly view them, though.

EDIT: As promised. I put 'em all in a RAR file together; there's two different versions of Ep. 53's subs, though. Remember to rename the files so they're named the same as your episodes.

Get 'em HERE.

EDIT2: Link fixed; I added an extra underscore in there by accident. It works now. =P

This post has been edited by McAleeCh: Mar 29 2005, 12:18 PM

+Quote Post
Cyberdude
post Mar 29 2005, 12:18 PM
Post #6

Now in 200x88 goodness

Group Icon

QUOTE(McAleeCh @ Mar 29 2005, 05:10 PM)
EDIT: As promised. I put 'em all in a RAR file together; there's two different versions of Ep. 53's subs, though. Remember to rename the files so they're named the same as your episodes.

Well I knew they were soft subs, and I know the whole system. Don't assume I use Windows though =P

..er..Broken link ^_^;;

EDIT: Er, unbroken link ^_^. Thanks

This post has been edited by Cyberdude: Mar 29 2005, 12:19 PM

--------------------

The Scotsblog

+Quote Post
McAleeCh
post Mar 29 2005, 12:20 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

No probs. =P Yeah, wasn't sure if you knew the whole system or not, so I thought I'd better play it safe. Better make a mental note not to assume people use Windows, though. I'm too used to it, myself, so I don't think. XD

Anyways. Enjoy!

+Quote Post
Gunner112k
post Mar 29 2005, 04:11 PM
Post #8

lol originulity

Group Icon

Thanks a lot for the feedback McAleeCh. Translating is a bit harder than one would think, because in many cases you have to reword the whole sentence because of the language's slang. the "supreme creature" thing I completely left out, I didn't even think about it. I guess I should be more alert next time... And given my not-perfectly-fluent English there are times where I don't know if the sentence I translated makes sense, so it ends up having a completely different structure (see "This dude defends himself nicely")

I'm gonna start subbing episode 62 right now. It should be in by Friday or even earlier.

--------------------

Hacking CulT

SAZ FM

+Quote Post
SSUK
post Mar 30 2005, 07:14 AM
Post #9

SSUK-Kol. Your favorite comunist-run city. =D

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,075

I suppose I should add my comments on it. As you know Gunner, I've over-told you how good these are. and I want more of your subs, Mainly because you don't have to guess your way around all the damn Engrish other subbers put in. It's a fine art, interpretation and you do a damn fine job. =P

--------------------
IPB Image
I'm a place in North Korea. (Note my country... =P)

+Quote Post
Cyberdude
post Mar 30 2005, 07:30 AM
Post #10

Now in 200x88 goodness

Group Icon

QUOTE(SSUK @ Mar 30 2005, 12:14 PM)
I suppose I should add my comments on it. As you know Gunner, I've over-told you how good these are. and I want more of your subs, Mainly because you don't have to guess your way around all the damn Engrish other subbers put in. It's a fine art, interpretation and you do a damn fine job. =P

Engrish is a Japanese --> English thing. The French are completely capable of the letter 'L'. =P

[/nitpicking]

This post has been edited by Cyberdude: Mar 30 2005, 07:30 AM

--------------------

The Scotsblog

+Quote Post
SSUK
post Mar 30 2005, 08:06 AM
Post #11

SSUK-Kol. Your favorite comunist-run city. =D

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,075

QUOTE(Cyberdude @ Mar 30 2005, 04:30 AM)

Engrish is a Japanese --> English thing. The French are completely capable of the letter 'L'. =P

[/nitpicking]

Engrish is more used in the terms of "Weird ass English" than souly on the basis of Japanese spoken English. Besides it's better than saying "the english which is better than that of previous subs". =P

--------------------
IPB Image
I'm a place in North Korea. (Note my country... =P)

+Quote Post
F-Man
post Mar 30 2005, 03:29 PM
Post #12

5 emeralds

Group Icon

Member No.: 112

QUOTE(Cyberdude @ Mar 30 2005, 04:30 AM)

[/nitpicking]

Not my retarded-ass brother. =P *shot*

+Quote Post
Gunner112k
post Apr 1 2005, 04:54 PM
Post #13

lol originulity

Group Icon

QUOTE(Gunner112k @ Mar 29 2005, 05:11 PM)
I'm gonna start subbing episode 62 right now. It should be in by Friday or even earlier.

HAHAHAHA APR<w>IL FOO<w>LS *bricked*

--------------------

Hacking CulT

SAZ FM

+Quote Post
Overlord
post Apr 2 2005, 02:06 PM
Post #14

I love 1Mb/s DC++ Hubs, I really do

Group Icon

Group: CulT Family
Member No.: 122

If I get time later this weekend, I'll un-Engrish Solly's subs.

--------------------
Shadowsoft-Games.com

A new style.

From all over the UK and proud of it, bitches. =P

Mystifying MSN Chats!Overlord: Also, I've discovered something unsettling
Overlord: The Now Playing and Fucking Love/Hate sections on people's sigs
Overlord: Are faded/darked versions of colours
Overlord: Grey is dark white, and the other 2 can be lightened to be red and blue, as they are
NiktheGreek: Yup
Overlord: What flag uses the colour and layout of the setup?
Overlord: RUSSIA
Overlord: IT'S AN INVASION D:
NiktheGreek: XDDDDD

+Quote Post
Cyberdude
post Apr 4 2005, 10:17 AM
Post #15

Now in 200x88 goodness

Group Icon

Gunner, I notice how you sometimes overlap subs like this:

00:10:17,415 --> 00:10:19,521
What? Are you kidding?

00:10:17,415 --> 00:10:22,389
No, I'm not kidding at all!
Look at this...

Well with MPlayer/Xbox Media center, the second subs don't appear. I'd try to avoid this in future. Nevertheless great subs.

EDIT: Okay, with the "-overlapsub" option this isn't a problem, but nevertheless you should try to avoid it.

(If any of you WPP fags are reading this topic, that's constructive criticism)

This post has been edited by Cyberdude: Apr 4 2005, 11:04 AM

--------------------

The Scotsblog

+Quote Post

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Start new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2017 - 05:33 PM