Sonic Stadium
Green Hill Zone

THE 10 CULTMANDMENTS | THE IDIOT'S GUIDE TO POSTING AT SCARZ
Sonic Online
Sonic Dimension

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Missing boss hyper-confirmedâ„¢, Unfortunately, in Engrish.
Kojichao
post Jun 22 2004, 06:37 PM
Post #21

Disconnected...

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member DX
Member No.: 355

Err. o.O Yeah, you can use the translation.

But the parts at the end didn't make too much sense. A lot of it was confusing, as it was mostly just subject words being thrown into the paragraph.

It might not be accurate enough.

Edit: The stupid NiGHTS Manual says flat out, 'NiGHTS is a Nitopian! who went to the dreams of Elliot and Claris to get help to fight Wiseman!'

Yar.

This post has been edited by Kojichao: Jun 22 2004, 06:37 PM

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
(I also do commissions now! Click here for more information!)

StHJJ1SEGA+++Son->++Egg+Shd+++iCrm++"Mra++iCha+++!P$++++GFCoca
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TRiPPY
post Jun 22 2004, 10:53 PM
Post #22

Dare To Dream?...

Group Icon

Group: Nightmaren
Member No.: 1,907

What version is that? The american and euro ones say 'It is said that the only one not yet under Wizeman's power is NiGHTS' which i guess some people have interpreted as meaning NiGHTS was originaly good or not created by Wizeman. I hate it when they change things in translation for whatever reason >_<
And don't worry, the end part made definate sense as it was basicaly the same thing the translator was saying but not jumbled up, lol:)

It's odd about NiGHTS because in the UK NiGHTS was always described in magazines as being evil, a demon, a devil and an evil spirit, in America it kinda lost that meaning, i wonder why -_-; Also Jackle throws Tarot not playing cards, that's another thing that was messed up. Oh yee sensitive west.

--------------------

+Quote Post
harmaa
post Jun 23 2004, 04:34 AM
Post #23

Your Flower Power is no match for my Glower Power!

Group Icon

Group: Nightmaren
Member No.: 601

*humps Koji's other leg* xox...

--------------------

"Soon, I will be in court, pointing to the crotch of a Tails plushie, showing the judge where Yuji Naka hurt me." - The irreplacable Hemlock_Martini

+Quote Post
Kojichao
post Jun 23 2004, 07:29 AM
Post #24

Disconnected...

Group Icon

QUOTE(Miyu @ Jun 23 2004, 02:34 AM)
*humps Koji's other leg* xox...

X_@;

Er... US Manual says this shiet.

That night Elliot and Claris return home, thining themselves failures, not realizing that the real challenge is about to begin. In the world of Nightopia where our dreams are played out, an evil being is gaining tremendous power. He is Wizeman the Wicked, and through his creations the Nightmaren, he captures precious dream energy from humans. If he is not stopped, the will rise from the subconcious and enter our world. No power on Earth will be able to stop him.

As Wizeman's Nightmaren start fulfilling his horrible plan, a Nightopian escapes from the dream world and begs the sleeping Elliot and Claris to save the world from the evil being. Just a few moments ago they felt like total failures. But now that the world needs their help, Elliot and Claris feel, for the first time in their lives, a courage growing within them. They accept the Nightopian's desperate request.

The reature explains to them that they need to recover four types of dream energy from Wizeman's Ideya Capture, a group of large machine-like beings. The four energies are White (representing purity), Green (wisdom), Yellow (hope), and Blue (intellegence).

Wizeman will attempt to steal Elliot and Claris' dream energy and try to confuse them by placing them in strange dream worlds. These worlds are places developed from the depths of their minds. The fifth and rarest of the dream energies, bravery (Red in color), is the only type of energy Wizeman and his henchmen can not steal. It is said that the only one not yet under Wizeman's power is NiGHTS, who appears as an aerial acrobat and is attracted to red dream energy. The Nightopian believs that Elliot and Claris possess this rare energy, and this NiGHTS will come to their aid.

The Nightopian warns that sooner or later Wizeman will send the most powerful of his Nightmaren, his henchmen, after Claris and Elliot. The two children will need the help of NiGHTS every step of the way to thwart Wizeman's plans if they are to restor peace to Nightopia.

Heh, if you're not careful, you could read that story to say that NiGHTS was a Nightopian. That might be where it got confusing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Exploding-Man
post Jun 23 2004, 08:12 AM
Post #25

CulT Villain

Group Icon

Member No.: 70

Meh, the toning down is just a product of the era. It wasn't untill much later game companies learned that extreme story editing pisses off the fans (Hell, some still haven't gotten that message, but its not as bad now). It seems Sega of America intended it to be a kid-friendly game... So they aren't going to have Nights as an evil bad guy himself. Its stupid, but thats the buisiness. At least there is a translation of the original story now.

--------------------
=)

+Quote Post
SSJP
post Jun 24 2004, 07:11 AM
Post #26

HAS DS, erm... SSUK = Lurker now. =/

Group Icon

Member No.: 144

QUOTE(Paine @ Jun 22 2004, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE(TRiPPY @ Jun 22 2004, 06:07 AM)
QUOTE(Veemon @ Jun 22 2004, 04:49 AM)
I don't think Koji can riverdance.

She's probably the one who invented it! XD

Koji is a Goddess, she invented all. Koji rocks, where did she learn Japaniese? I wanna learn too. * Bows down and worships Koji * Oh, can i copy that translation aswell, i want to put that on the Nights section of my website. Pweese?

Holy jesus kid, I've been learning Japanese for a while now... My best bet is, you get a book, or get a personal tutor to teach you... You also have sites like kanjisite.com and all. I had to pick the hardest language from english to learn, didn't I? =P Probably worth it in the end.

--------------------
ONOZ NUKED

+Quote Post
Exploding-Man
post Jun 24 2004, 08:04 AM
Post #27

CulT Villain

Group Icon

QUOTE(SSJP @ Jun 24 2004, 04:11 AM)

Koji is a Goddess, she invented all. Koji rocks, where did she learn Japaniese? I wanna learn too. * Bows down and worships Koji * Oh, can i copy that translation aswell, i want to put that on the Nights section of my website. Pweese?

Holy jesus kid, I've been learning Japanese for a while now... My best bet is, you get a book, or get a personal tutor to teach you... You also have sites like kanjisite.com and all. I had to pick the hardest language from english to learn, didn't I? =P Probably worth it in the end.

Chinese is supposedly far more difficult... And some of the native American languages moreso.

I really need to start learning Japanese again...

--------------------
=)

+Quote Post
Paine
post Jun 24 2004, 10:39 AM
Post #28

Guests

QUOTE(Exploding-Man @ Jun 24 2004, 05:04 AM)
QUOTE(SSJP @ Jun 24 2004, 04:11 AM)

Chinese is supposedly far more difficult... And some of the native American languages moreso.

I really need to start learning Japanese again...

But English is said to be the world hardest language to learn, but just about everyone can speak it.

+Quote Post
Kojichao
post Jun 24 2004, 10:10 PM
Post #29

Disconnected...

Group Icon

QUOTE(SSJP @ Jun 24 2004, 05:11 AM)

Uhh.. Keep going. o_O Don't stop learning.

I'm still learning, myself. The original documents are good to work with, when they're already pretyped, otherwise I would have had to re-type all that out in Kanji, THEN find it in my dictionary... That is not fun. Xx; Takes forever.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Beta
post Jun 24 2004, 11:07 PM
Post #30

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaack

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Japanese isn't the hardest language to learn. Chinese is.

--------------------
YOUR NAME LOOKS LIKE SPANDEX

+Quote Post
Dude
post Jun 25 2004, 05:21 AM
Post #31

TEN THOUSAND FISTS IN THE AIIIIIR

Group Icon

Group: CulT Family
Member No.: 100

QUOTE(Beta @ Jun 24 2004, 11:07 PM)

Navajo native american?

--------------------
IPB Image

"Ricans do what Mexican't" - Dude

+Quote Post
Exploding-Man
post Jun 25 2004, 05:34 AM
Post #32

CulT Villain

Group Icon

QUOTE(James McCloud @ Jun 25 2004, 02:21 AM)
QUOTE(Beta @ Jun 24 2004, 11:07 PM)

Navajo native american?

Exactly.

--------------------
=)

+Quote Post

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
2 Pages V  < 1 2
Start new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2017 - 10:49 AM