> The New and Improved High Scores Topic, Now including mare and link records
SamIAm
post Jun 20 2004, 03:47 PM
Post #1

Singing Nightopian

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member
Member No.: 552

I finally got around to making a complete listing of all my scores, so I though I would post them. Don't be afraid to add your own.

I have listed the highest score I have gotten for each individual mare, followed by the record I currently hold for the entire dream. Beneath that is the "theoretical potential" for the dream, which is simply the product of all the mare high scores added up and multiplied by 2.

My personal goals are to break 600,000 on Mystic Forest and Frozen Bell, 550,000 on Spring Valley and Splash Garden, 500,000 on Stick Canyon and 450,000 on Soft Museum. Finally, I'm hoping that I can stop disliking Twin Seeds and actually work on a decent score for it. :^_^;

EDIT: I have updated this post to include link records. However, you'll notice the ??? next to every 2nd mare except Twin Seeds. This is because of the carry-over bug: If you paraloop a bunch of stuff as part of a link before flying into the Ideya Palace to complele a lap and you get those items after the next mare starts, your link will continue right through with you, although it will terminate before you can really do anything with it. But it still logs the entire link number even if you got 99% of it in the previous mare. In my case, the link scores for every second mare was obviously inaccurate, so I left them all out. I do feel confident about the rest of them, however.

Spring Valley
Mare 1: 68,160 ------ Link: 28
Mare 2: 59,550 ------ Link: ???
Mare 3: 73,700 ------ Link: 25
Mare 4: 56,340 ------ Link: 29
Dream Record: 506,300
Theoretical Potential: 515,500

Mystic Forest
Mare 1: 105,800 ----- Link: 341
Mare 2: 58,600 ------ Link: ???
Mare 3: 81,180 ------ Link: 30
Mare 4: 48,770 ------ Link: 32
Dream Record: 581,540
Theoretical Potential: 588,700

Soft Museum
Mare 1: 91,900 ------ Link: 293
Mare 2: 51,890 ------ Link: ???
Mare 3: 40,440 ------ Link: 32
Mare 4: 44,800 ------ Link: 35
Dream Record: 441,860
Theoretical Potential: 458,060

Splash Garden
Mare 1: 90,900 ------ Link: 283
Mare 2: 55,020 ------ Link: ???
Mare 3: 69,260 ------ Link: 28
Mare 4: 53,850 ------ Link: 21
Dream Record: 527,800
Theoretical Potential: 538,060

Frozen Bell
Mare 1: 96,750 ------ Link: 286
Mare 2: 67,720 ------ Link: ???
Mare 3: 71,440 ------ Link: 43
Mare 4: 37,320 ------ Link: 29
Dream Record: 525,320
Theoretical Potential: 546,460

Stick Canyon
Mare 1: 91,550 ------ Link: 361
Mare 2: 71,840 ------ Link: ???
Mare 3: 54,770 ------ Link: 16
Mare 4: 32,570 ------ Link: 49
Dream Record: 475,700
Theoretical Potential: 501,460

Twin Seeds
Mare 1: 11,850 ------ Link: 32
Mare 2: 15,080 ------ Link: 30
Mare 3: 17,560 ------ Link: 42
Mare 4: 12,120 ------ Link: 19
Dream Record: 88,440
Theoretical Potential: 113,220

This post has been edited by SamIAm: Jul 10 2004, 08:58 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Paine
post Jun 21 2004, 04:14 AM
Post #2

Guests

wowness

My scores could never match that, oh well, back to revision

+Quote Post
SamIAm
post Jun 21 2004, 05:39 AM
Post #3

Singing Nightopian

Group Icon

Erm, you know, I really don't mean for this to be any kind of competition. The only reason my scores are fairly high is because I put lots of time into getting them, as well as thought into how to get them. What I hope is that some will see my scores and realize potential for their own. I also encourage people to post ANY scores just because seeing a breakdown of your performance is an important part of making improvements. If anyone has any questions on how to get a score like mine on a given mare, I would be happy to explain my strategies.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you haven't beaten NiGHTS when you first get all A's; you've only just begun. Much of the brilliance of NiGHTS is in the way it slowly reveals the secrets of its stages, and each small revelation is a delight. As far as I have come, the game has never once let up on its fun and excitement, and I still have much to uncover. Believe me, I'm looking forward to it too. :)

+Quote Post
TRiPPY
post Jun 21 2004, 08:32 AM
Post #4

Dare To Dream?...

Group Icon

Group: Nightmaren
Member No.: 1,907

As soon as i can hook my saturn back up to my tv again (pc has slow frame rate and is really distracting >_<) I'll work on getting all my old high scores again, i lost them all when my battery died a few years ago before i stole my brothers cart to back them up. It's just depressing doing them all again T_T Especialy since i damnwell have always despised Stick Canyon. Twinseeds is one of my faves tho. I'll post up my scores soonish ^^ I like competition. I can provide screenshots as proof too so no worries. Always fun.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spon
post Jun 21 2004, 12:15 PM
Post #5

Pseudo Cool

Group Icon

Member No.: 2,264

Stick Canyon's fucking evil. Those damn rail things - They take forever. And before you know it, the floating clock egg thing is behind you and it wants your blood.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Paine
post Jun 21 2004, 12:41 PM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE(Spon @ Jun 21 2004, 09:15 AM)
Stick Canyon's fucking <b>evil</b>. Those damn rail things - They take forever. And before you know it, the floating clock egg thing is behind you and it <b>wants your blood</b>.

Yes, DAM YOU STICK CANYON!

Oh and off topic, what size watch battery does the saturn take, i took mine out to show the shop so i could get a new one, they said they had none, they said they would order a new one and lost it. DAM THEM!

+Quote Post
SamIAm
post Jun 21 2004, 01:04 PM
Post #7

Singing Nightopian

Group Icon

QUOTE(Paine @ Jun 21 2004, 09:41 AM)
Oh and off topic, what size watch battery does the saturn take, i took mine out to show the shop so i could get a new one, they said they had none, they said they would order a new one and lost it. DAM THEM!

CR 2032 is the battery size/type, and that's fucking unbelievable that they didn't have it at that shop. It's is a completely standard battery. Among other things, PC motherboards use them to retain BIOS data. My battery came from an ordinary grocery store, and it cost like $2.

+Quote Post
SamIAm
post Jun 21 2004, 01:08 PM
Post #8

Singing Nightopian

Group Icon

QUOTE(Spon @ Jun 21 2004, 09:15 AM)
Stick Canyon's fucking evil. Those damn rail things - They take forever. And before you know it, the floating clock egg thing is behind you and it wants your blood.

I used to hate that part too, but I've learned to love it. Just aim to reach the top with 60+ seconds left (I usually have about 75). You can get one sweet link on the first rail. :^_^:

+Quote Post
TRiPPY
post Jun 21 2004, 08:23 PM
Post #9

Dare To Dream?...

Group Icon

And ahhh the fun of just for the hell of it, taking the lift up the top of the tower with Elliot then THROWING HIM OFF THE EDGE AS PUNISHMENT! Always makes me smile on a bad day^___^ Stupid kids.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SamIAm
post Jul 10 2004, 09:06 PM
Post #10

Singing Nightopian

Group Icon

I updated my initial post to include link records, and I think that's enough to warrant a little bump. I also think you folks should post your scores, especially since I'm sure some of you can beat a few of my link records. Come on, you know you want to. :glare:

+Quote Post
TRiPPY
post Aug 19 2004, 10:52 PM
Post #11

Dare To Dream?...

Group Icon

Hey Sam :) One of my friends at the .com is looking for some healthy challenge with scores. She'd sign up here but she has a crap email and cant. So If you want to see her scores then check out the score thread here http://p204.ezboard.com/ftripsidembfrm15.s...opicID=30.topic

at my boards. I'm also still going to post up mines here when i fix my damn TV. Just thought you'd apreciate an enthusiastic Challenge from TEH QUEEN of gaming XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
SamIAm
post Aug 20 2004, 10:17 AM
Post #12

Singing Nightopian

Group Icon

QUOTE(TRiPPY @ Aug 19 2004, 09:30 PM)
Hey Sam :) One of my friends at the .com is looking for some healthy challenge with scores. She'd sign up here but she has a crap email and cant. So If you want to see her scores then check out the score thread here http://p204.ezboard.com/ftripsidembfrm15.s...opicID=30.topic

at my boards. I'm also still going to post up mines here when i fix my damn TV. Just thought you'd apreciate an enthusiastic Challenge from TEH QUEEN of gaming XD

Cool, I'll do that soon. There are some guys on the Gamefaqs NiGHTS board who have some great scores as well, many that beat mine, so I'll pass on the word.

But if you want to see something scary, look at this

http://www.phantasy-star-universe.com/High...sIntoDreams.jpg

Now, I'm pretty sure that the Soft Museum score isn't possible without some sort of glitch...I suspect it involves the points you get for tricking off the soft floors in the actual museum part. I'm also extremely skeptical of the Stick Canyon score. The rest, however, are plausible. I've taken the time to map out Mystic Forest and calculate what's possible, and that score falls within range.

+Quote Post
TRiPPY
post Aug 20 2004, 10:22 AM
Post #13

Dare To Dream?...

Group Icon

Ahhh yes i found that a lil while ago on google. I have to say though, i'm not much o a beliver without proof but if that WAS possible, maybe theres some way to jam NiGHTS inbetween an object and the floor of the museum and like repeatedly pull a stunt with a prgy controlpad, because i know one time my game glitched and NiGHTS fell outthe bottom of the level there, but before i did i got a huge jump in score.

But YES, grab the guys from GameFaqs, this'll be fun:)

--------------------

+Quote Post

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Start new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2017 - 10:42 AM