IPB WARNING [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (Line: 1712 of /sources/action_public/topics.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (Line: 1721 of /sources/action_public/topics.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (Line: 1712 of /sources/action_public/topics.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (Line: 1721 of /sources/action_public/topics.php)
NiGHTS 2 poll - SCARZ

SCARZIP (SCARZ Information Pane)
Sonic Stadium
Green Hill Zone

THE 10 CULTMANDMENTS | THE IDIOT'S GUIDE TO POSTING AT SCARZ
Sonic Online
Sonic Dimension

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NiGHTS 2 poll, Good idea- bad idea?
Is a sequal really a good idea?
Total Votes: 0
Guests cannot vote 
TRiPPY
post May 3 2004, 06:57 AM
Post #1

Dare To Dream?...

Group Icon

Group: Nightmaren
Member No.: 1,907

Okay, this has been done a million times before. Probably here too, but ah what the hell here's a new one.

Sequals. A word that always gets thrown at the NiGHTS fanbase and we all kinda flinch/eyetwitch/cry/start cursing/beating our heads into walls and perhaps the unfortune few who get their hopes up and run after ANY net rumor, hey im guilty of that too.

This isn't a topic about ideas for a sequal. I'll make one of those later. But this is a simple poll to see what the mindset is here at the CulT.

I'd like to see your REASONS for a sequal agreed or dissagreed. It makes for intresting reading for me. So feel free to post below your thoughts and gripes.

The answers explained:
1-Yes, totaly. I loved the originals:
Okay there's a few of us still remaining out there in the active fan community (that does still exist despite us being scattered) that live by these games as an obsession like a lot of you with Sonic. We grabbed the first copies off Sega, we sat in the shops (we were thrown OUT of the shops), we stole standees from the shops (as revenge), we set up wonky websites with NiGHTS/Reala yaoi, we dyed our hair stupid colors and we suddenly became convinced we could do or be anything we wanted to if we belived in ourself enough. We researched dream lore, we laughed at Freud and Jung and our friends would come running to us saying they'd had a nightmare and it was all your fault. We lucid dream and see NiGHTS in our sleep nightly and we mostly all find Reala sexy XD (MOSTLY db MOSTLY). Hardcore fans rabid for ANYTHING with NiGHTS in it even if it was a can of beans with his face on it, we'd be there buying 8 cans, and then stealing the unit it was on. We want a sequal and we want one NOW *eyetwitch* (yeah im one of these fans)

2-Yes, i've never played NiD before.:
The new fans. Since being online i know for a fact i've converted many ppl to NiGHTS fandom. MANY. A lot of them didn't even know what a SATURN was, let alone NiGHTS into Dreams. So im a proud old bugger. But many kids (and ppl my age) missed out on the original. And they have this choice to go get a Saturn and a copy off Ebay or play the new little dissapointing extras in the Sonic games. For kids who pick up an old copy of the game this might be a dissapointing experience because hey, it was 1996, these graphics were hotshit back then but now they kinda show their age. Still great, but a lot of ppl don't apreciate retro. So if you're a new fan. or werent around the first time and would like to see a new game choose this:) New fans are always welcome, as long as they aren't idiots. (knows a few)

3-I don't care as long as they make a new Sonic game.
You either have no interest whatsoever in NiGHTS, a sequal or the fandom. Infact DAMN , NiGHTS was where Sega went wrong! You'd like to secretly assasinate anyone in the 'Nightmaren' group and can't stand the fuss. SonicTeam should stick to doing Sonic games? Overhyped? (get the fuck out this forum then)

4-No, i think it would be a waste of Sega's time and money.:
Frankly you've seen how much of a non event the original game was due to bad marketing and bad timing (Mario64) and you think that it'd be the final nail in the coffin for Sega. Why try to flog a dead horse? Or why ruin a good thing. Money should be spent on new titles and better advertising campaigns. Sega already has a mascot and doesn't need another one (esp. one who looks like a girl ;) ) *gets a pen handy to write down your IP*

5-No, the originals would should never be tarnished. BAD idea.:
There's a lot of longtime NiGHTS fans out there who believe that a sequal or a port would just cheapen the game. The original SonicTeam have changed and might make the game UTTERLY suck and completely hideous compared to the sublime beauty of the first one. Should Naka should stick to his words and keep it as an unflawed gem? Or is that being too pedantic? Do you think that the original completely wrapped it up giving no need for a sequal or prequal (i want a prequal) (THEN a port and a sequal)(soooo much scopeeee)?

6-No a sequal would mess up my bad fanfiction and i'd cry ;P:
And one for the scary fangirls i want to beat across the head. As long as their character is MarySue'ing her way across Nightmare like a hooker they're happy and GODFORBID anyone should have a different opinion. Some people just don't like realising that although the games were 1996 someday the SonicTeam may pick up the title again and develop it more. You choose.

7-Give me a port and i'm happy!:
You'd rather see an update of the original on a new platform with shiny graphics and little extras. See how THAT fares with the audience and THEN perhaps a sequal, but give us the original first. A lot could be improved on. (Goddddd i want new FMV of the Marens T_T)

At some point i'll put down my opinion on my vote. Until then, happy voting.
:kiss:

This post has been edited by TRiPPY: May 3 2004, 07:12 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Quick Man
post May 3 2004, 07:03 AM
Post #2

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member
Member No.: 1,120

I'm not sure what to think, frankly. If they make a sequel then the possibility exists that the sequel would be SO bad it would flush the franchise down the crapper just like Sonic at about the same time as the release of NiGHTS. On the other hand, if the sequel were good and kept to the allure of the original then it would be the crowning star of the NiGHTS fandom.

Although this begs the question, "how does one improve on something so good?" The original NiGHTS was a pinnacle of programming and design, and as such amassed a huge fandom. I get the feeling Sonic Team would be very hard-pushed to come up with something which adequately fit the concept and yet improved on the original.

Basing my judgement on previous sequels which have ruined a potentially good franchise (and yes, I know there are exceptions) I'd have to say the best sequel would not be a sequel, but a graphical improvement of the original. NiGHTS DX, can you say? Nonetheless, this doesn't really fit under the options given so I'll pass on voting.

--------------------
SONIC CULT IS BEING VERBALLY ASSAULTED BY RETARDS.

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO SAVE SONIC CULT?

+Quote Post
TRiPPY
post May 3 2004, 07:08 AM
Post #3

Dare To Dream?...

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,907

QUOTE(XinuX @ May 3 2004, 04:03 AM)
Basing my judgement on previous sequels which have ruined a potentially good franchise (and yes, I know there are exceptions) I'd have to say the best sequel would not be a sequel, but a graphical improvement of the original. NiGHTS DX, can you say? Nonetheless, this doesn't really fit under the options given so I'll pass on voting.

;) there you go, knew i missed something! Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
harmaa
post May 3 2004, 07:21 AM
Post #4

Your Flower Power is no match for my Glower Power!

Group Icon

Member No.: 601

QUOTE(TRiPPY @ May 3 2004, 04:08 AM)

Perfect idea. That's exactly what I'd want. NiGHTS with better graphics and perhaps some nice extras. ;__; GC port anyone?

--------------------

"Soon, I will be in court, pointing to the crotch of a Tails plushie, showing the judge where Yuji Naka hurt me." - The irreplacable Hemlock_Martini

+Quote Post
Ice "CHAOS" Echidna
post May 3 2004, 07:50 AM
Post #5

It's all rather confusing really

Group Icon

Member No.: 56

QUOTE(Miyu @ May 3 2004, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE(TRiPPY @ May 3 2004, 04:08 AM)

Perfect idea. That's exactly what I'd want. NiGHTS with better graphics and perhaps some nice extras. ;__; GC port anyone?

That exactly what I want too. If they were to make a sequel they would have to be very careful not to fuck it up, however if they made an upgraded version of NiGHTS (NiGHTS DX as they would most likely call it) with new graphics and like Miyu said some few nice extras, it would present the game to new gamers and those who never had a chance to play the original. And it would probably be easier if they made it for all consoles then everyone can play it rather than only a few with the specific console.

--------------------
With my Mouse and Photoshop 7 I have the power to fool a Dutch TV Show, GameFAQs and The Sonic Joint! Sonic Heroes Advance Hoax by me!

+Quote Post
TopHat
post May 3 2004, 07:54 AM
Post #6

> ifconfig eth0 up

Group Icon

Group: CulT Family
Member No.: 1,581

All for option 1. Even if it sucks, I want to play a sequel. I'd be happy with a port, but a sequel would be cool.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nash
post May 3 2004, 08:27 AM
Post #7

It's back...

Group Icon

Member No.: 388

I've never played NiGHTS ;_; but with all postive comments about the game here, the orginal story, the weird features in the game and of course the articles from my favorite gaming magazine (by gamers for gamers, they've been around since '93 and isn't owned by the gaming companies). The characters are also incredible nightmarens with no limbs, those flying bald things, Wizeman and the others. I would be pleased with a post....NiGHTS DX, but it would be cool with both. So yeah, I voted for number 1.

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Cyberdude
post May 3 2004, 08:40 AM
Post #8

Now in 200x88 goodness

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member DX
Member No.: 442

Torn between the first and last option, I chose port.

--------------------

The Scotsblog

[Cinossu] http://www.nuticulus.net/drscotsman/trash/...es/egg-star.jpg BEHOLD MY LATEST INVENTION, THE EGG CARRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR..

Link changed in case it goes stale =P

+Quote Post
Super_Croc
post May 3 2004, 08:51 AM
Post #9

Program yourself

Group Icon

Member No.: 806

I voted for the 1st choice.
Of course they should make a new NIGHTs.
Maybe the storyline will be crap, like in the newest Sonic Games,
but gameplay should be fun.

--------------------
My signature is offline =P (still have no idea where it could be)

+Quote Post
Paine
post May 3 2004, 10:18 AM
Post #10

Guests

Maybe a remake for the nintendo DS, i mean it could work. The kids sections on one screen, NIGHTS section on the other. Maybe.

+Quote Post
Nexus_Zero
post May 3 2004, 10:29 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,701

QUOTE(Paine @ May 3 2004, 07:18 AM)
Maybe a remake for the nintendo DS, i mean it could work. The kids sections on one screen, NIGHTS section on the other. Maybe.

Actually that's quite a good idea, though if one of the screens is touch-screen as is rumoured, you could use that as the control pad, rather than a clunky dpad.

--------------------
user posted image

If only we could all have a magical rod like Link's!

+Quote Post
Miles Power Fr
post May 3 2004, 10:35 AM
Post #12

|...|

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,812

Voted : "No, the originals would should never be tarnished. BAD idea."
Reason : *cough*SonicHeroes*cough*

I don't really trust nowaday's Sonic Team..

+Quote Post
SnowMime11
post May 3 2004, 11:27 AM
Post #13

Addicted to the Red & Black

Group Icon

Member No.: 428

I'm not sure what to vote under... seeing how I want another NiGHTS game but it not being a sequal.... I would like the original story just pumped up more... Not just in graphics (like newer games I've seen) but also I would like more of the story if it was possible...
I don't want to loose the replay value of the original... there was SOOOOOOO much stuff in those levels the only way TO find it all was to replay it....
Somethings might be changed... I heard a lot of people don't like the tracks... which is ok if it can be done in a simple way..... which I think I could be... I've seen flying in other games....

SO... Yes I want another NiGHTS game...
No, I don't want a fooking sequal.... if they do... I'll still buy it.... because It's NiGHTS. XD

Not ALL sequals suck... but I ushually don't like them.... >_>

And I don't exspect the game any time soon.... Good games take good time. X3 So I've stoped complaining... yea... sometimes it kind of ticks me off but... in good time. In good time.

EDIT: and Since Sonic Team has taken after the "get all A's" thing in their new games SINCE NiGHTS.... I don't want the "get all A's" Thing to be so god damn difficult like Billy Hatcher! The point of the game is to have fun.... Not getting frusterated with trying to get all A's... Yea... NiGHTS was hard to get all A's at first... but you could actully GET all A's.... not like Newer SOnic Team games where it's near impossoble to! GAH!!!

This post has been edited by SnowMime11: May 3 2004, 11:31 AM

--------------------
"Snow Mime Fat ... It's Better then whale Blubber!" - DB
user posted image
user posted image ~ Deviant Art

+Quote Post
Aeroblade
post May 3 2004, 12:39 PM
Post #14

The NiGHTMARE Project

Group Icon

Group: Unwanted
Member No.: 1,024

If Sonic Team weren't releasing such horse shit lately, then a sequel would be good. But for now, the most I'd trust them with is a port.

See, more NiGHTS is a good thing, in my opinion, but Sonic team's IQ has gone down a lot in the past eight years, and I think if they fuck around with a delicate masterpiece such as NiGHTS at their current intelligence level, it could ruin what is possibly the best game to ever be released. (Yes, that is my opinion of NiGHTS since I bought it two months ago. I'm almost as hardcore as TRiPPY about this game now. I eat, sleep, and breathe NiGHTS. Speaking of which, where's the "NiGHTS Freak" genre? We need one of those.)

Anyway, the bottom line is that messing with NiGHTS is like messing with a perfect sphere. If you handle it PERFECTLY, then the sphere will remain perfect. If you fuck around in the least, it'll never be the same. There'll be SOME imperfection.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Beta
post May 3 2004, 01:49 PM
Post #15

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaack

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I'd like to see a port. I figure they'll fuck up a sequal, and I haven't played the first game, nor do I think I'll ever be able to. I dont wanna get a bad first impression on the whole NiGHTS thing

--------------------
YOUR NAME LOOKS LIKE SPANDEX

+Quote Post
Zaysho
post May 3 2004, 01:55 PM
Post #16

2 super emeralds

Group Icon

Member No.: 815

Yea, I never played the original. I plan on buying a Saturn soon and a copy of NiGHTS though.

This post has been edited by Zaysho: May 3 2004, 01:56 PM

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Kamiyas
post May 3 2004, 01:58 PM
Post #17

Go Go Gadget Badass!

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,222

I muchly would enjoy a NiGHTS sequel. However, if Sonic Team fucks it up, I WILL destroy them.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
DarkBurraki
post May 3 2004, 03:38 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 2,185

QUOTE(TRiPPY @ May 3 2004, 03:57 AM)
We lucid dream and see NiGHTS in our sleep nightly and we mostly all find Reala sexy XD (MOSTLY db MOSTLY).

LIES! HORRIBLE SMELLY LIES! HOW DARE YOU SPREAD SUCH FILTH?!

... I don't like Reala, no, not at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NiktheGreek
post May 3 2004, 05:22 PM
Post #19

Iori has a point there

Group Icon

Group: CulT Family
Member No.: 271

As much as I enjoy NiGHTS on my Saturn (and I truly, truly do), stuff like that and Rez will have to go on the backburner for a while, if you still want there to be any form of Sega ten years from now.

My heart says 1, my brain says 4. Brain wins.

--------------------

NiktheGreek: Bringing unmeasurable amounts of happiness into your drab little lives.

+Quote Post
Exploding-Man
post May 4 2004, 01:48 AM
Post #20

CulT Villain

Group Icon

Group: CulT Member DX
Member No.: 70

I didnt read the rest of this topic, so sorry if someone has allready stated this, but this game needs a facelift and to become mainstream before it gains a sequil.

--------------------
=)

+Quote Post

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Start new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 08:05 AM